Recent Topics

1 Feb 12, 2008 08:00    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi!

I found this site by looking at http://unblogbar.com/software/ and was first of all impressed!

My team is planning a communication-platform for a target group of about 40000 people and at the moment we are looking for a blog-software.

The most important question is: Can b2evo be run in a Frame?
I mean, our site consists of several Frames (one at the Top, one at the left and one bigger Main-Frame).

We would like to run a blog in the Main frame (logo in the top frame, links in the left frame).

There is a second issue.
We will be running the whole site through a CMS.
As b2evo is also some kind of a CMS, will this cause problems?

I wanna excuse for my bad english, I'm not a native speaker. I would be very thankful for every help you are able to give me.

Andylee

2 Feb 12, 2008 11:08

Hi Andylee,

Welcome to the forums.
B2evo can perfectly run inside a frame. However, the idea is that B2evo you would normally create a skin for B2evo where you add your logo and links to the rest of the site. This skin is fully modular so you can choose to do the blog without a large header. A sidebar for the blog is useful, though not strictly necessary.

B2evolution is a CMS centerered around the idea of a blog. It has many additional features, even more than the site you mention can sum up. Version 1.10.3 is end of line and rock solid. Currently version 2.4 is marked stable for production. B2evolution will work together with any CMS, but for maximal benefit would require the databases to be linked.

I hope this information is helpful making your decision.

Good luck

3 Feb 12, 2008 11:45

wunderful!

Many thanks for your quick and competent answer.

Because of the corporate design of the site, we will most likely have to change the skin so there is no header in the Blog-Frame (as mentioned, it will be in the Top-Frame).

I will certainly continue to keep an eye on this project and will recommend my team leader to at least try this software (version 2.4, of course) :)

4 Feb 12, 2008 11:51

One thing I have to mention: Is it possible to add the 2.x-Versions to the features-overview in the "About"-Section of the site?

It's a little bit irritating, that there is a 2.4 release but feature announcements stop at 1.9 :)

5 Feb 12, 2008 12:01

Hy Andylee,

We have a bit of a luxury problem. New versions appear faster than it takes for the team to describe them.
But you are right, I will have a look at the page you mentioned.

Good luck

6 Feb 13, 2008 17:02

so, I have got a problem, now ;)

I don't know how to remove the background of the blog and stretch the Blog itself to maximum width and highth.

A little screenshot to explain what I mean:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2077/2263155702_9a897bcb6b.jpg

The red-lined areas (the background) ought to disappear and the blog should be stretched......

I'm thankful for every help!

Please excuse my poor english. I'm not a native speaker.

7 Feb 13, 2008 17:30

Remove background:

File /skins/natural_pink/style.css line 13

background: #eee url(rsc/img/bg.gif) repeat fixed center;

Delete or comment out

Full width:
Same file lines 22-29:

div.wrapper2 /* Main white content zone */
{
	background: #fff url(rsc/img/flamand.gif) no-repeat right bottom;
	width: 100%;
	margin: 0 auto;
	padding: 0;
	border: 1px solid #000;
}

Change width to 100%

*and*
Same file lines 42-47:

.bPosts /* Left column */
{
	width: 110ex;
	float: left;
	overflow: hidden;
}

Change width to something that suits most monitors.
The point is that the right sidebar equals 235px. The left column (posts) must be smaller than total width - 235px. You may want to set the width of the page fixed, say 1000px then you can easily choose the width for the main column. Or set the main column to 75% which I think will work on any screen.

Good luck

8 Feb 13, 2008 18:14

If you have not already done so you may want to try a new skin before you start customizing the one you have got. Have a look at the skins which shipped with your B2evo version, and also you could download some more skins and try them out until you find one that looks as close as you can to what you want, especially paying attention to fundamentals such as number of columns, header/footer, post layout etc (these are harder to change); but don't worry too much about colour, images, font etc (these are easier).

When you have a skin you like, start adapting that in the way Afwas suggests.

Form is loading...