Recent Topics

1 Feb 15, 2008 21:40    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello:

I have a few blogs posted after getting the program started. Is there something that I need to do to get the "Read More" button to work? Once it is in the document it becomes a dead link.

The "Next Page" function seems to work fine with listing page numbers.

Also, is there a feature or plug-in that I can use that will automatically use the first few line as teasers then the text is moved to a full page or does this have to be done manually?

Thanks for your help. :)

2 Feb 16, 2008 19:57

There isn't anything special you need to do to get "read more" (!M button) working. Can we see a post with a 'read more' that doesn't function?

To get a teaser we might be thinking of different things, but you can use the !NT button (no teaser) after your 'teaser' text. On the permalink page everything below the !NT will be there but not the stuff above it. Also I believe there is an option in either Global settings or Blog settings that will always give you a "teaser" field. So that might be the thing to try to find.

Best of luck, and please report back if/when you are successful with both issues.

4 Feb 17, 2008 03:05

Something is messed up in all your links. The 'permalink' for all posts contains ?blog=N at the end, and that doesn't make any sense - to me. Also anything that has ?blog=5 at the end goes back to a multi-page post.

Therefore the problem is NOT tied to the "read more" function. Somewhere in your Blog settings tab you've got something set up that's causing all sorts of grief.

I would suggest start debugging this by setting all the bits on Blog settings->pick a blog->URLs that have an option for "use param" or "explicit param" to do exactly that. I'm thinking maybe your server can't handle the stuff it needs to handle for "smart looking" URLs to work. In other words do not select any option with "extra-path" in the title.

5 Feb 18, 2008 01:25

Hi:

The first thing that I did was to disable Tiny MCE (which I can't get to work, at all.) I did what you've suggested and this seems to have worked, I think. There are 2 other problems that have shown up for Trackback:

* Excerpt sent in trackbacks: Hi :) I’d like to tell you my experiences with regards to my fight in regaining my health. Like I said in my introductory blog, I’ve been ill for 5 years now. It all started in March 2003. Never did I imagine that I’d be AS ill and for SO long. ...
* Sending trackback to: http://www.rhrplus.com/b2evolution/blogs/index.php?blog=5 [get]
* Response: No valid trackback response. Maybe the given url is not a Trackback url. ""

On the blog, it says to right-click and copy. When used here's what shows up:

1 No url to your permanent entry given.

I've also noticed in the Categories the numbers aren't showing up in how many posts have been done. Any suggestions on this?

Here's something strange too. In Blue Apple's Blog -- after the RSS feed links you'll see 2 links for Blue Apple. This doesn't show up in the other blogs. I can't figure this out or why they are there. This particular blog would be considered "B" in the older versions.

Many thanks for your help and valuable input. :)

Tosca

6 Feb 18, 2008 03:50

The blue apple blog has a couple of extra widgets in the sidebar container. Dunno which ones offhand, but it'll be obvious when you take a look at the Blog settings tab then widgets subtab.

The trackback thing is different. Basically trackbacks are an automated "blog to blog" commenting system. You see a post on a blog that inspires you to write something so you get their trackback URL. In your skin when someone wants your trackback URL they right-click then copy-link-location. After that you write your post and put the trackback URL from the other person's post in the field under your posting textarea. Then through the magic of television what'll happen is a snippet of your post will show up as a comment on the other person's blog post - the one you got the trackback url from.

You don't send a trackback to a real URL because that's not a trackback URL.

You don't click the link because it's made for blogs to talk to blogs - not humans to visit and read.

Hey in the future it's better to start a new thread for a new issue, and glad you got the initial problem sorted out.

7 Feb 18, 2008 22:58

Thank you very much for educational input, it is greatly appreciated. :D

I have put something in for the Tiny MCE plug-in but I haven't heard anything since January with a follow-up on it. So, I've removed the program.

Tosca.

Form is loading...