Recent Topics

1 Feb 16, 2008 13:21    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Sorry sorry sorry but I'm a newbie and I was not able to insert an image in a post!
I do not want to link a post to an image, I want to write a test and insert an image within the text.
The expert mode editor has a IMG button, but I have to write the full url.
Before, I uploaded an image to my site. Then I tried to indicated many paths, but none successfully!
Every trial yields a message like:

Found invalid URL: Invalid URL format

Is there the possiblity to indicate a relative url, such

blog/images/mypicture.png

or something similar?
Thanks for your help.
[/code]

2 Feb 16, 2008 18:56

Version of b2evolution?

Assuming 240RC2, it's still the same as it always was except a little different. When posting click on "Files" then check the box for the image you want (or upload the image you want THEN check the box for the image you want) then select the "img" button at the bottom of the list of files, and you'll get the code for an image inserted into your post.

3 Feb 16, 2008 20:17

EdB wrote:

Version of b2evolution?

Assuming 240RC2, it's still the same as it always was except a little different. When posting click on "Files" then check the box for the image you want (or upload the image you want THEN check the box for the image you want) then select the "img" button at the bottom of the list of files, and you'll get the code for an image inserted into your post.

Thanks for your help. I did follow the steps you suggested to me, but I obtained the following message:

* Found invalid URL: Invalid URL format (http://localhost/progetti/b2evolution/blogs/media/blogs/NIBlog/mypic.jpg).
* (Note: To get rid of the above validation warnings, you can deactivate unwanted validation rules in your Group settings.)
* Invalid content.

As you can see, I have installed b2evolution on my local machine. Yes, release 2.40RC2.

4 Feb 17, 2008 15:40

the uploader doesn't like certain naming conventions like having spaces in your file name. It possibly doesn't like the capitals in that directory NIBlog

try uploading into a different directory or taking the caps out.

5 Feb 18, 2008 22:52

Its funny in the pre 2.0 versions I didn't like that you needed to add the extension when renaming the file.

In the version 2.x version it is a pain that you cant rename it when you upload, I need to rename all the files I upload prior to uploading, I don't suppose there is a hack to put it back as it used to be, I thought new versions were supposed to make life easier.

Form is loading...