Recent Topics

1 Feb 18, 2008 04:13    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.0

I am new to using PHP/CSS and have been playing around with customizing skins. I am not sure if there is something I am missing or over looking but lets say we are looking at the custom skin. How do I change the background color on the customer skin? I have been able to change just about everything else. I am not sure if I am missing something or if there is something I need to play with in some of the other CSS files... Any help is greatly appreciated.

On a side note should I be trying to play with version 2 of the software or go back to version 1? The reason I am asking is because there seems to be more tutorials for a novice like me...

Anyways thanks in advance for any help on my silly questions.

2 Feb 18, 2008 05:02

I'm pretty sure the background on that skin is an image file, so changing colors won't work too easily.

Better to work with 240-RC2 because it's pretty damned stable and radically different internally than the entire 1.* generation. You will get all the help you could imagine here in the forums, and eventually all the documentation will catch up. If you do all your customization in 1.* you'll have to one day migrate the whole package, effectively doubling your work.

Hey a link to your blog is a good idea. I mean, I can try to go by memory of all the different bits, or just click your link and see *exactly* what's happening in your neck of the interwoods.

3 Feb 18, 2008 08:15

Awesome thank you very much. I cannot believe I was overlooking that (img files are the background). Let me play with this a bit and I will be back tomorrow with my link because I have a feeling I will definately have more questions...

I will stick with 240-RC2 like you said. That definately makes more sense.

4 Feb 21, 2008 12:25

To change the background of my skin I went to ../blogs/skins/SKIN_YOU_ARE_USING/image/ and located the name of the background image file.

I renamed it, then uploaded the background I wanted to the same folder and renamed it to the original file name. There was no editing of CSS required. But you do need to make sure the file extension is the same .JPG, .PNG, etc.

Don't know if that's a kosher way to do it or not, but it worked.

-Doris-

Form is loading...