Recent Topics

1 Mar 01, 2008 05:03    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I think most of the anti-spam plugins in the plugin repository need to be updated for 2.x.

The spam problem is increasing by the day and the "Basic Antispam" shipped with b2evolution does not seem to work at all. At least it hasn't prevented several spam comments in the last week or two.

Anybody else being hit with a dozen blogspot.com spam comments a day?

2 Mar 01, 2008 05:28

http://plugins.b2evolution.net/index.php/2007/12/27/turing_test_220

Works in 2.* and I don't get comment spam. Note that if you're into trackbacks then it is NOT the weapon of choice because it does nothing there.

Are you using the antispam central blacklist system? .blogspot.com has been a keyword for a heck of a long time because of the THOUSANDS of blogspot spammers out there.

I thought there was also a captcha for v2.* but I can't find it so maybe it doesn't exist?

3 Mar 02, 2008 13:34

I have updated the anti-spam list, but I don't want to block the blogspot.com domain fully because unfortunately a lot of legitimate bloggers continue to use it.

5 Mar 03, 2008 04:17

I was thinking more along the line of Dr.Dave's Spam Karma 2 for WordPress. Something that is transparent to the end user and works on analyzing the comment for spamminess rather than require extra inputs from the user.

I used to use SK 2 in WP and it was quite fantastic in blocking out spam.

6 Mar 26, 2008 19:13

nice thread. one question pertaining to another version for trackbacks, what type of plug in can i use for 1.10.2?

Form is loading...