Recent Topics

1 Apr 03, 2008 04:49    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I've seen that version 1.x skins are not compaitable with version 2.x. Is there a way to convert my skin somehow so that I can make it compatible to the new version? I've updated the blog so you can't see the old skin easily but I do have the files. What I had done was modified the Clean skin to get what I wanted. Am I out of luck or is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance!

3 Apr 03, 2008 05:54

I had not been familiar with this document. Thanks for pointing it out, John.

4 Apr 03, 2008 22:37

Using the Upgrade manual for skins I have made the following change:

Also replace

require $skins_path.'_dispatch.inc.php';

with

<?php
   // -------------- MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE INCLUDED HERE (Based on $disp) --------------
   skin_include( '$disp$', array(
 		'disp_posts'  => ,		// We already handled this case above
 		'disp_single' => ,		// We already handled this case above
 		'disp_page'   => ,		// We already handled this case above
 	) );
   // Note: you can customize any of the sub templates included here by
   // copying the matching php file into your skin directory.
   // ------------------------- END OF MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE ---------------------------
 ?>

I did that and I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/muncherw/public_html/magicblog/skins/SolRing/index.main.php on line 437

Line 437 of my code is this line:

'disp_posts'  => ,		// We already handled this case above

I feel like something else must be going on here since I cut and paste that into the document. The next two lines will trigger the same error message if I comment out that line and the next one.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

5 Apr 03, 2008 22:48

<?php
		// -------------- MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE INCLUDED HERE (Based on $disp) --------------
		skin_include( '$disp$', array(
				'disp_posts'  => '',		// We already handled this case above
				'disp_single' => '',		// We already handled this case above
				'disp_page'   => '',		// We already handled this case above
			) );
		// Note: you can customize any of the sub templates included here by
		// copying the matching php file into your skin directory.
		// ------------------------- END OF MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE ---------------------------
	?>

It misses the '' before the comma. This may well be during posting in the wiki (I saw more changes when trying to post php code)

Good luck

6 Apr 03, 2008 23:02

Thanks Afwas! That fixed that!

http://muncherw.com/magicblog/index.php?blog=1&tempskin=SolRing

Now I get:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/muncherw/public_html/magicblog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 190

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/muncherw/public_html/magicblog/inc/items/model/_itemlistlight.class.php on line 903

I'll try and look these up in a minute. These people seem to want me to work here at work!

7 Apr 04, 2008 16:15

Are _template.funcs.php and _itemlistlight.class.php part of the 2.x version of skins or is this old stuff Ineed to replace. Because those aren't files I've ever touched.

8 Apr 04, 2008 17:04

If you found them in the skins directory you can safely delete them.

9 Apr 04, 2008 17:32

It's a level up from skins. If I rename it the regular 2.x skin doesn't work so I'm assuming it needs to be there.

10 Apr 07, 2008 23:38

Is there a good way for me to compare skins or something to update my old one? I've followed all the instructions but something is still calling these other files. I don't really know what the deal is.

11 Apr 07, 2008 23:41

Can you put the php file online (rename as txt) so I can have a look at it?

13 Apr 08, 2008 16:14

That's fine.
I'll have a thourough look later today or tomorrow.

14 Apr 08, 2008 16:50

I appreciate that.

FYI, I didn't put anything in for the bloglist or the contact link but I'm not really worried about that.

16 May 25, 2008 11:56

@muncherw: You haven't found the solution? You still run 1.10, too? I also tried to upgrade my (heavily) customized clean skin but it did not work (only a blank page without error messages).

Form is loading...