Recent Topics

1 Apr 04, 2008 09:07    

Hello guys,

Sorry if I missed them, but I can't find a collection of good B2Evo logo's on the Internet.

So I made one myself, and here it is:

http://i29.tinypic.com/33maaub.png

In case you need it, here's the Photoshop 7 .psd file I used:
http://rapidshare.com/files/104735570/B2Evo_Logo.psd.html

I <3 b2evo :)

2 Apr 04, 2008 09:11

Thanks for that, nice work

In the download files of b2 look in the folder rsc->img

There are various logos there as well.

3 Apr 04, 2008 09:37

John wrote:

Thanks for that, nice work

In the download files of b2 look in the folder rsc->img

There are various logos there as well.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know that :oops:

Anyways, I made the above logo for a forum I joined in... it was used as a "Thread Logo".

The logos I managed to find are all 'plain jane' b2evo logo's, i.e. inside a white box.

So I just got slightly creative and enclose it in a 'glowing rounded box' :)

The 'slightly purplish' background matches the forum's background, enabling the box's 'glow' to be partially transparent. (I don't want to risk the logo looking ugly with IE6).

In the .psd file I gave above, you can easily edit the background by changing the fill color of the 3rd layer, cropping, then flattening the image to .gif or .png.

4 Apr 04, 2008 14:41

Cool - thanks! Most of the existing logos are the old-school style, so it's nice to see something nicer than the 2 (technically 3) using the new look.

5 Apr 04, 2008 18:47

Same to you EdB :)

Glad that the logo is of use :)

I actually plan to make a Flash animation, which will go like this:
1. White background with vertical "old film" noise
2. (cut in) "The blog" (font: typewriter)
3. (cut in) "is" (font: typewriter)
4. (cut in) "evolving" (font: typewriter)
5. (zoom in while fade to black)
6. (zoom in) (the three 'orange balloons' of b2evo)
7. (balloons shift to left while...)
8. (unroll from center) "b2evolution" (font: ???)

But I need to ask some questions first:
1. What size?
2. Any better text suggestions? (to replace text on steps 2, 3, and 4)
3. What font for "b2evolution"? (step 8)

If someone can come up with satisfactory answers, I can whup up such animation in 1 day :)

8 Apr 05, 2008 09:33

pepoluan wrote:

@tilqicom:

Hey, kewl banner :D

oh thank you.. the idea can be executed better, this one was just for fun :P

9 Apr 30, 2008 08:12

http://i25.tinypic.com/rbz94x.png

Tried to make it a 'little' web 2.0ish.. i dont claim it is great, but just wanted to give it a try.. hope you liked it..
(note: no i did not make the borders with stupid ps presets, but would look better if i did maybe (: )

i guess i have wandered around enough (maybe annoyingly much : P) today.. cheers...

10 May 02, 2008 19:38

my new sig. look cool, eh ?:P

11 May 02, 2008 20:36

I like the banner. For me, it'll be better if b2evolution is in grey and both people in black

12 May 02, 2008 21:14

I'd like to see a full range of badges and buttons and banners in the traditional sizes. Well maybe not banners, but buttons and badges for sure. Like stuff planned for all sorts of color combinations. The current crop of badges look like crap on a dark background, and there are NO buttons available that reflect the new logo. Meaning no dropped 2, no color gradient, and the square bubbles thing.

Oh well yah? It took years to get to the point where lots of badges and buttons were available that aligned with the old style, so I reckon it'll take years before a good range of stuff is available for the new.

Oh and yeah the reflective sig file one is way cool.

13 May 02, 2008 21:59

EdB wrote:

I'd like to see a full range of badges and buttons and banners in the traditional sizes. Well maybe not banners, but buttons and badges for sure. Like stuff planned for all sorts of color combinations. The current crop of badges look like crap on a dark background, and there are NO buttons available that reflect the new logo. Meaning no dropped 2, no color gradient, and the square bubbles thing.

Oh well yah? It took years to get to the point where lots of badges and buttons were available that aligned with the old style, so I reckon it'll take years before a good range of stuff is available for the new.

Oh and yeah the reflective sig file one is way cool.

actually maybe we should start a thread to submit icons, banners, logo modifications, i am pretty sure some very cool stuff could come..

and maybe a default b2evo icon pack to be used on the frontpage, write icon, post icon etc.. there are thousands of icons available on the net, but i agree some b2 inspired custom icons would be better..
the web2.0 icon styling is easy though, its principles are obvious, clean simple texture, a solid color choice and an over lighting gradient, it is not atom science in the end.. dont take these as advices, i am not claiming that i am skilled or wise or anything, just ideas ...
btw, as you see i ve cleaned pretty much of the background in the sig pic, for those who may want to use it in the sidebar with black or other bg colors or i can provide a bg cleaned version of default logo without those effects

14 May 11, 2008 01:16

Would be lovelly if b2evolution provide us a logo with TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND (in PNG, why not?).

Or, at least, something big enough to delete background without crispy edges...

My background color is #700e09, and would be nice to be able to merge b2evolution logo with my colours.

15 May 22, 2008 02:36

ole wrote:

Would be lovelly if b2evolution provide us a logo with TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND (in PNG, why not?).

Or, at least, something big enough to delete background without crispy edges...

My background color is #700e09, and would be nice to be able to merge b2evolution logo with my colours.

If only someone will tell me what font "b2evolution" is, I can make you a PSD file :)

17 Jun 01, 2008 17:48

nice logos, i might make one :D

18 Mar 14, 2009 07:18

A request ^_^

Someone have a logo that's good for dark/black backgrounds (transparent logo-background preferably)?

Or maybe someone can create a high-res b2evolution logo with a transparent background, so it will be clean on the edges when resized?

Thanks ^_^

(I'm also looking for a "blue" or "neo(n)-blue" b2evo logo. I remember seeing it before during the v0.x days, b2evoskins.org I think, but the site's gone. (He also created excellent skins.. too bad I didn't download it then...)

Form is loading...