Recent Topics

1 Apr 08, 2008 19:17    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi all,

I want to have the ability to attach a photo gallery to a blog post. I see the photoblog skin option but cannot find any information as how it's utilized.

I created a new blog using the photoblog skin, but when I go to the blog to make a post, it just looks like a normal blog (I have a WYSIWYG embedded - I dunno if this hurts me here).

How does one make separate "galleries" with groups of photos using the photoblog?

Also, are there any other/better options for this... I've seen the gallery2 integration, but shudder at integrating that monster of an app into my website - and the other gallery plug-in, but it doesn't seem to work with 2.x. Has anyone got the latter working for 2.x (or know if an update if forthcoming) or have I perhaps missed some other gallery options?

(Ideally it'd be something resembling http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/13/new-android-sdk-gallery/ )

Thanks for any feedback!

2 Apr 11, 2008 17:35

Hi - can anyone offer any instruction on how this is done? Searched the manual/wiki and forums but couldn't find anything useful...

3 Apr 11, 2008 22:43

The photoblog thing is a tad misleading, you hit filemananger, choose a pic you've already uploaded, and then hit "blog this" or "post this " or summat with the word "this" in it ... and it makes a post

Not long after that you'll realise that you wanna add a title and maybe a few other bit 'n' bats, which is when you'll stumble over EdB's hack to make the post a draft so you can edit it .... don't ask me where the hack is though, I went through 10 pages of his bullshit to find the bit of science that you needed ... and failed :roll:

Hopefully he'll meander by and point you at the relevant post ... or curse yah for asking, depends on his mood ... I'm an optimist ;)

¥

4 Apr 11, 2008 23:46

I'm pre-coffee. First page of hackblog. http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2008/03/08/make-draft-posts-a-v240-hack

I do believe that hack is a combination of ours though. Incremental improvements on a workable original yah? BTW only tested on 240. Installation on other versions may not yield desirable results. Will test on 241 and upgrade it if need be. Else someone with 241 could install it and check it out?

Oh and if you upload your images using the "advanced stuff" option you will have a window of opportunity to include text that will become the title and the alt text tag and a caption under the title.

5 Apr 14, 2008 15:20

Thanks for the replies, ¥åßßå, EdB

I did see the "Make Post" thing with the file manager - Guess what it is doing is making an individual post for each image (with no additional info as Edb says).

I guess I was hoping I was using it wrong and it'd be possible to have the photos in a single post (with a <more> separator between them) and then the template designed such that you could flip through the photos in the post...

The Photo blog was not quite what I was going for, but thanks for the info - I think I'll have a second look as the gallery plugin by balupton which may serve me needs a bit better.

6 Apr 14, 2008 16:26

Nate,

The photoblog feature is kinda incomplete in 2.4. We just had to get a stable release out there.

There's more phot handling coming in 2.5. You can already get more from CVS if you're into that ;)

Especially all posts are now drafts by default so you get a chance to add text. It is also easier to add multiple photos to a single post.

7 Feb 05, 2009 14:09

Hello.

How to add an index of thumbnails like the demo 'Monument Valley'? If the instructions are posted, I seemed to have missed it.

Thanks.

Form is loading...