Recent Topics

1 Apr 21, 2008 01:32    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.1 Nevada

This seems like a simple question but I can't seem to figure it out! My b2evo blog is in the directory of /blog so for me I type in www.myurl.com/blog.

How can I make it so it comes up as my homepage where I just type www.myurl.com and then it comes up?

Thanks for the help!

2 Apr 21, 2008 01:57

This has been covered many times. Searching the forums would find the answer I'm sure.

Move all the folders and files from your "blog" folder up one level to the root of your directory, then change the $baseurl in conf/_basic_config.php to reflect the new path (by removing blog/ from the end of it.

And what's with this business of typing "myurl.com" as if it was your actual URL? Pet peeve of mine: it is NOT your URL so why bother typing it as if it is? Why not just paste in your actual URL?

4 Apr 21, 2008 05:37

EdB wrote:

This has been covered many times. Searching the forums would find the answer I'm sure.

Move all the folders and files from your "blog" folder up one level to the root of your directory, then change the $baseurl in conf/_basic_config.php to reflect the new path (by removing blog/ from the end of it.

And what's with this business of typing "myurl.com" as if it was your actual URL? Pet peeve of mine: it is NOT your URL so why bother typing it as if it is? Why not just paste in your actual URL?

Because maybe it is a personal password protected blog I don't want anyone to see. It was just an example. How can that bother you anyway? It is not like you have to visit it to answer the question.

On a different note, thanks a bunch to both of you!

5 Apr 21, 2008 12:31

or you can add a line in .htaccess that it has to redirect every visit to the directory blog.

That's how I dealed with it for 3 years.

6 Apr 21, 2008 16:00

morbidbeauty wrote:

Because maybe it is a personal password protected blog I don't want anyone to see. It was just an example. How can that bother you anyway? It is not like you have to visit it to answer the question.

So that explains why you take the time to type a bogus URL? In other words: you provide a hyperlink that goes nowhere. :roll:

8 Apr 21, 2008 19:30

EdB wrote:

morbidbeauty wrote:

So that explains why you take the time to type a bogus URL? In other words: you provide a hyperlink that goes nowhere. :roll:

I didn't mean for it to be clickable. Not that it matters.

9 Apr 22, 2008 02:50

morbidbeauty,

The way we've handled it since 2004 is to have a /blogs directory (like your /blog) and then just move the index.php and other stub.php files up a level from /home/randsco/blogs/ to /home/randsco

You just need to "tell" b2evo where everything is. It used to be in /conf/_advanced.php ... but if you're running 2.x it might be somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Be sure you don't have an index.html file in your webroot (it'll "win" over an index.php file) ;)

Form is loading...