Recent Topics

1 Apr 22, 2008 00:01    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.1 Nevada

Alright...I wanted to be able to move my blog to the root directory so I could just type in myurl.com and then it would be there instead of typing a /blogs or whatever after it. I followed the help instructions: I changed the url in the basic_config file and then I moved all the contents that were in my /blogs folder to the root directory (just one level up). It seems to be working fine except for one thing: my sidebar is not there anymore. The menu use to have things such as categories, search box, calendar, archive links, ect... but now it isn't there. Have I somehow disabled them?

By the way- I am using the evopress template.

Thanks to anyone that helps.

2 Apr 22, 2008 00:32

Do you have a link to your site
Also have you checked out your sidebar widgets ( blog settings -> widgets) since moving to your root directory.

3 Apr 22, 2008 00:49

John wrote:

Do you have a link to your site
Also have you checked out your sidebar widgets ( blog settings -> widgets) since moving to your root directory.

Here is the URL: ---been deleted---

I have checked the sidebar widgets. It seems all there and normal. (I checked it by viewing it side by side with another blog I have with a different URL. That blog is fine and the settings do not appear different from the link above.)

I am totally lost on this one.

4 Apr 22, 2008 01:04

What is the file structure of your evopress skin folder?
Does it include _sidebar.inc.php

5 Apr 22, 2008 02:46

John wrote:

What is the file structure of your evopress skin folder?
Does it include _sidebar.inc.php

I just checked and yes it does.

My evopress folder has an img folder, a .jpeg image (screenshot), a .css file, three inc.php files and four main.php files. It seems normal.

6 Apr 22, 2008 02:55

You know what? It HAS to be the skin. I just viewed my blog with different skins and it showed up with each one. I am going to try to install the evopress skin again.

8 Apr 22, 2008 03:13

John wrote:

Good idea :)

YAY! Okay, I reinstalled the evopress skin and it is working now! :) !!!

I would give you some points for that but since I haven't got any due to not enough posts, I'll just say THANKS, John!

Form is loading...