Recent Topics

1 Apr 27, 2008 01:28    

B2evolution Türkçe çevirisi tamamlanmış ve mevcuttur, bu tarafa; link : http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15472

B2evolution Turkish Translation is complete and available here; link : http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15472

"b2evolution Türkçe'ye çevrilmeli mi ? lütfen buraya görüşlerinizi veya isteklerinizi bırakınız.."

Either you have googled (geez.. there comes the ads[tags]): "b2evolution turkish" "turkish b2evo" "b2evolution turkiye" "b2evolution turkey" "b2evolution turkish translation" "türkçe b2evolution" etc.. and came to this topic, or you are just an undercover turkish guy using b2evo for a long time (which is not probable as turkish ppl makes themselves so obvious with their nicknames, signatures, typos and everything...like kskhater in our forums etc :P)

oh.., where was i, the thing is; i would like to know if a b2evolution turkish translation is really needed, so let's see the turkish ppl around in here or for those who has came here hoping for a b2evolution translation or further information.. so please do leave your opinions..

The reason why i have stepped front is that; in addition to my enthusiasm in contributing b2evo; i find it harder to understand turkish translations of many softwares than the english one's .. i do not mean to undervalue of any turkish translator's job, but they are really, word to word, [url=http://babelfish.altavista.com]babelfishish[/url] (sheesh..or should i say babblish : P).. I am confident and eager to do it anytime, what i would like to know is; an immediate translation is required or should we increase the turkish population around here first? or is the turkish population is so low because there is not a proper turkish translation.. what is this, a paradox? : P

OT ps for core developers and moderators
: i am thinking of creating a b2evolution turkish site, 'only for' giving basic information, and making the promotion of it 'with no purpose of' benefiting it or offering assistance about it , in a few months..please give your either controversial or encouraging opinions

Cheers!

2 Apr 27, 2008 03:53

Or maybe I just popped in and tend to read all the posts in English ;)

I'd say life won't stop if there is no Turkish translation, so "immediate" is a bit extreme, but if you wait till you see an actual need for a translation you'll be waiting a long time. To my way of thinking ... heck it happened. If I see software I might like but it's not in the language I like then byebye before I even try it out. For me, being an English Only type, the problem with a software I was interested in was that all the info on their web and in their forums was not in English. So I figured okay there will be something else I can use and moved on without even installing it. Therefore, to me, if you make a Turkish translation you will effectively be making b2evolution more appealing to someone who would want their blog app to use Turkish whenever possible. So get busy!

On the idea of a Turkish b2evolution site, check out http://b2evo.sonorth.com/ if you read Russian. That is part of the b2evolution family believe it or not. I think the reason it exists is because doing it in Russian required a bit more than just a translation package. Something about a few actual core file edits and how stuff is stored in the database. Character set stuff, or something like that. Anyway I'm in no position to answer your question, but unless there is a pressing need to do b2evolution in Turkish just make up a blog called "b2evo" and use your new language pack and post cool stuff about b2evo in Turkish and - especially - make a ping plugin that will ping any really cool Turkish-specific aggregator sites. Look for gcasanova's thread about problems with pinging a Spanish aggregator site though and maybe you'll find a way to help that person...

So yeah "make a translation to build interest" sounds better than "wait for an interest before making a translation", and heck make your own blog be king dingaling for "b2evo in Turkish" unless you really need to be part of the core family.

EDIT: this was post number 5000. Big deal eh?

3 Apr 27, 2008 18:17

EdB wrote:

On the idea of a Turkish b2evolution site, check out http://b2evo.sonorth.com/ if you read Russian.
EDIT: this was post number 5000. Big deal eh?

one of the reason behind ru.b2evo.net being a part of b2evo community might be sam2kb is actually capable of answering more complex issues, where i can only respond to basic questions (you can get the idea what i am capable of from my posts.. mostly about installation and usage only, that's why i have emphasized i will not be offering any support of b2 if i ever make it..) but yeah, i am enthusiastic creating it, even if it will be a plain translated introduction of b2 if there is no controversy against it.

congratz about the 5k posts, you couldnt have done it only by posting hi's and bye's right.. so it seems you have contributed a lot : ) thanking you on behalf of everyone..

4 Apr 27, 2008 18:43

tilqicom wrote:

one of the reason behind ru.b2evo.net being a part of b2evo community might be sam2kb is actually capable of answering more complex issues ...

Trust an insider with secret channels to the halls of power on this one: there is a LOT more to it than that.

Just use your blog. Eventually you'll wonder what it takes to have less than 80% of your traffic be all about b2evolution ;)

5 Apr 27, 2008 20:51

Hi

Bye

/me wracks up another post on the long march to 5,000 :|

¥

6 Apr 28, 2008 00:07

tilqicom, sure go ahead and do an "immediate" translation. Even if few people use it at first, you don't need to start from scratch for future translations, you just need to add new phrases to the existing translation. And yes it is always easier to offer first and let people use it later than to wait for people to ask it...

Having a localized site is useful for explaining how the install the app + the language pack to people who don't read installation instructions in English too well ;)

Alex's (sam2k) site looked clean enough to me to make it part of b2evo.net . It can definitely be done again for other languages as long as it meets my "this looks clean" criteria :P

7 Apr 28, 2008 23:17

fplanque wrote:

tilqicom, sure go ahead and do an "immediate" translation.

this was all i needed to hear : P, with a non-stop 9 hours work, i have made it to %60 ..(luckily i had a scratch at %15 : P)
here is an incomplete preview of turkish translation:

[url=http://www.tilqi.com/b2evo-tr.raw.rar]Download here [/url]

I am pretty confident with it and hoping to finish it in a day or two and expecting it to be ready in a week reviewing and testing it.. would be glad if there were some turkish users to test it in advance :-/ ..

formatting.php included in the archive is optional, however according to my past experiences, i would strongly recommend using it, as the default one converts certain turkish characters to html values..

i guess i am currently translating 2.1 vegas or later at worst as i ve continued translating my older scratch which i dont know when i have started.. how to upgrade the pot file to 2.4.2 ? as there are a few tiny changes like (Separate by space) to (Separate by comma)..

and afai have noticed, there are some untranslatable phrases, am i right ? like the "Browse:" in the dashboard..

period.Cheers..

8 Apr 28, 2008 23:42

how to upgrade the pot file to 2.4.2

Do you mean a PO file? If you're a Windoz user, there is an option in poEdit to "Update from POT file"

You can find a POT file in every release, grab it from 2.4.2

Good luck

9 Apr 28, 2008 23:51

tilqicom I hope you are not translating the POT file and that you are working on a PO file. Otherwise you're making this much harder for you than needed. (I fyou are, try renaming the .POT to .PO and open it in POedit)

Here's how to update your .PO file with the latest .POT:
http://manual.b2evolution.net/Updating_Language_Files

10 Apr 29, 2008 00:04

of course i am working on a po file with poedit ;)
thanks for the info updating the po file

11 Apr 29, 2008 01:29

After upgrading to 2.4.2 and updating the po file, i have started getting the following error (may be i should not call it en error, as it doesnt appear continuously)when i click [extract]..

Sources and number of strings:

* a_noskin.php = 4
    * conf/ = 120
    * contact.php = 4
    * cron/ = 44
    * default.php = 20
    * htsrv/ = 82
    * inc/ = 1390
    * install/ = 14
    * multiblogs.php = 8
    * plugins/ = 6
    * skins/ = 113
    * skins_adm/ = 85
    * summary.php = 3

it disappears later on and does not appear until you click [extract] again..
any idea what this is ?

12 Apr 29, 2008 01:50

These are stats on the extraction. Very old. We were trying to determine how to split the PO file but we never did. Totally harmless and definitely not an error. Just normal behaviour.

13 Apr 29, 2008 02:03

okay thank you fplanque .. i was not getting that notice earlier, that's why i ve wondered if there's sth wrong as it has begun showing up after both upgrades..

If there is ANY Turkish user around , please let know, at least say 'i 'as I really need someone to preview the on going translation and test it when it is complete in near future, just to make sure before publicizing it.

"b2evolution türk veya türkiye kullanıcıları varsa buralarda lütfen not bıraksın şu an devam etmekte olan ve yakın zamanda bitecek "türkçe b2evolution" ı test edecek kişilere ihtiyacımız var.."

14 Apr 29, 2008 22:45

Behold! b2evolution turkish translation is almost complete (which will only be used by me as it seems : P)

http://i32.tinypic.com/kez1pc.jpg

I will complete it tomorrow, and review it in the following couple of days (just the sample content and a few phrases are left), before calling it finished..

Do not underestimate it (i warn you : P), just because i was able to finish it in 3 days.. it is a production of 3 days non stop work, consisting of 8 hours per day..

Regarding b2evolution turkish portal or whatever, i dont want to use a part of my blogs, as they are not personal blogs actually, i use b2evo as cms in my both websites, one about softwares, one about famous quotes, so making a part about b2evo would be totally irrelevant..

That's why i am thinking of registering another domain (i wont mention any names in order not to let godaddy or sedo park it : P -kidding-)

It will be a stable installation of b2evo using the turkish language pack containing common installation, usage information..
Maybe a forum (or yabba's blogrum) might be integrated in the following months if a considerable member count is reached..

Would love to hear your opinions..Cheers!

15 Apr 29, 2008 23:12

Well done!

3 days non stop work, consisting of 8 hours per day..

You may want to export the translation in HTML and check it for typos with MS or Open Office. ;)

I found many typos when I did this check on my initial translation.

16 Apr 30, 2008 01:43

sam2kb wrote:

Well done!

3 days non stop work, consisting of 8 hours per day..

You may want to export the translation in HTML and check it for typos with MS or Open Office. ;)

I found many typos when I did this check on my initial translation.

thank you sam good idea.. there has gotta be a few typos and bugs for sure, but i really need actual testers anyway. hope someone shows up in a few days, i ve tried searching for turkish b2evo or turkish translation whatever, and those search tags in the 1# post are really working : P, topic is shown as a top result in g.. i also found out there are some turkish people asking for b2evo translation in wp forums with that search.. i will try to forward them once it is complete..

no ideas about the domain ? i was kinda asking the developer's permissions (and opinions) when i ve mentioned it in the previous post

17 Apr 30, 2008 01:57

no ideas about the domain ? i was kinda asking the developer's permissions (and opinions) when i ve mentioned it in the previous post

Be patient... :)

18 Apr 30, 2008 02:13

sam2kb wrote:

Be patient... :)

good idea, forgot that it is around 3 am all over europe :)

19 Apr 30, 2008 20:35

http://i30.tinypic.com/2vv7uxz.jpg

Fiiinally, the turkish translation is complete..
I am very confident with it, and it is almost stable, those fuzzy translations are not fuzzy actually, just will be checked with an installation..I have watched for the semantic and meanings of phrases in order not to be lost, and have followed the original look&layout not to let any odd views or horizontal scroll bar..
Will do a test installation in the following hours of this post.

Of course it will be more decent within a few days, with the re-checking of typos a few times and maybe with the suggestion of testers,

Though, here is the final version of "[url=http://www.tilqi.com/assets/b2evo-tr.raw.rar]b2evolution 2.4.2 turkish language pack [/url]" or "[url=http://www.tilqi.com/assets/b2evo-tr.raw.rar]b2evolution 2.4.2 türkçe dil paketi [/url]"

[url=http://www.tilqi.com/assets/b2evo-tr.raw.rar]Download here[/url]

will update the target file over changes.

I thought it could be done in 6 hours or sth, but it took over 35 hours of work.Though it is nothing comparing the efforts of b2evolution developers over the years, consider this as a tiny contribution and a small piece of give back..

20 May 01, 2008 14:21

There is an unexpected conf/_formatting.php folder and file in the language pack. Anything special in there that needs to be for Turkish support? Just curious is all. I'm into translation stuff lately :)

21 May 01, 2008 15:55

tilqicom wrote:

formatting.php included in the archive is optional, however according to my past experiences, i would strongly recommend using it, as the default one converts certain turkish characters to html values..

it is not approved yet, i will make a total new installation using the tr lang pack from the beginning to the end this evening.. will see if it's needed actually to display special chars...

btw, when the topic is already bumped; l would like to indicate two issues:
Firstly, beginning the install, you are not asked which lang you would like to install.. there are all the thirty sth small lang flags at the bottom, but they are both hard to see and are not obvious which ones are available..
More importantly, most of people can deal with general install instructions in those 2 pages; however if that international user does not see the lang thing, and installs in english, the (descriptive) sample content is also installed in english of course..

Lastly, as i dont want to (and am not capable enough) to answer questions, and as there are no apparent numerous turkish users, is it possible to have a thread for turkish support, later on (it's the last thing i guess, would be needed when a considerable number of turkish users show up, at least a few months later it seems (:, or may be it's the first thing to do; as fg said, fplanque wrote:

And yes it is always easier to offer first and let people use it later than to wait for people to ask it...

i dont know, you people decide it.. its just the idea.. cheers..

22 May 01, 2008 16:24

Ah okay I missed that bit. Actually, I saw that you were done and downloaded it without reading anything :)

Which version was that from? I'm guessing 2.4.1 and haven't looked to see if that file changed with 2.4.2 but if you need it then you should specify which version your _formatting.php file is for. Maybe package the translation pack with multiple versions - assuming there are any differences in the actual package of course.

I should research that right now.......

HOORAY! conf/_formatting.php has not changed between v241 and v242 but I do not have any older versions in the 2.* generation. Who cares about all the others anyway since none of them were stable yah?

---------------

re the flags being down at the bottom: notice where it also says "Temporarily misplaced"? To me that means they know, but it doesn't hurt to remind them yah? I think it is supposed to be able to figure out your locale though. Are you "Turkish in Turkey", or "Turkish in America"? Well either way there might be a nice way to draw attention to the localization option without moving the whole flag block up to the top.

--------------

Oh now he wants his own Turkish Support Forum :roll:
Smarter people than me will have to figure out how to handle that. Tell ya what though: I'll highlight this thread in the appropriate channels to see what the really smart people think. Keep in mind that if a Turkish forum shows up and you don't answer questions we'll all have terrible thoughts about you and write plugins that work for everyone but you ;)

23 May 01, 2008 16:46

EdB wrote:

Which version was that from? I'm guessing 2.4.1 and haven't looked to see if that file changed with 2.4.2 but if you need it then you should specify which version your _formatting.php file is for. Maybe package the translation pack with multiple versions - assuming there are any differences in the actual package of course.

Actually, it was from Vegas : D, i had problems back then, i will reach a verdict soon for a smooth tr installation from the beginning to the end with what to do..

EdB wrote:

re the flags being down at the bottom: notice where it also says "Temporarily misplaced"? To me that means they know, but it doesn't hurt to remind them yah? I think it is supposed to be able to figure out your locale though.

If you knew, a bit of english you wouldnt already install a language pack right?, -it shouldnt be hard to understand "write" "post" delete etc- so i guess it could be a little more noticable (i dont say the flags should stick right into visitors eyes, could be done some way i suppose, maybe using a good old 'choose your language' with one pt higher could do : P)..

EdB wrote:

Oh now he wants his own Turkish Support Forum :roll:
Smarter people than me will have to figure out how to handle that. Tell ya what though: I'll highlight this thread in the appropriate channels to see what the really smart people think. Keep in mind that if a Turkish forum shows up and you don't answer questions we'll all have terrible thoughts about you and write plugins that work for everyone but you ;)

(: , sure would answer where i am capable of, but you also keep in mind that i may have to translate and forward the questions to you people sometime.. and i would believe you ppl could write such a plugin .. especially ¥åßßå would love to write those lines ..

if user ( tilqicom){
	 pretend to work but never actually work in order to drive him to the edge of a harakiri session;
} else  user ( tilqicom){
 	work great;
}

25 Jul 25, 2008 15:14

I've just downloaded Turkish Language Pack and installed on two weblogs.. I have to confess that I hadn't expected a flawless translation but it is. Plain Turkish and very succesful interpretion. I'd like to thank tilqicom who created this work and other contributors again here..

Thanks guys, good work.. It helps b2evolution to spread out through Turkish community.

26 Jul 26, 2008 14:47

zurnik wrote:

I've just downloaded Turkish Language Pack and installed on two weblogs.. I have to confess that I hadn't expected a flawless translation but it is. Plain Turkish and very succesful interpretion. I'd like to thank tilqicom who created this work and other contributors again here..

Thanks guys, good work.. It helps b2evolution to spread out through Turkish community.

yer welcome :roll: , actually the main topic is supposed to be [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15472]here[/url],but i guess you have followed this one as you got the translation from this topic, thanks for the feedback though, i m glad you ve liked it.. hoping to see more turkish guys around here.. cheers ;)

27 Jul 07, 2009 21:22

About this system/ About Blog A /About Blog B

Although, you already translated these phrases, in my installation, these two remain in english.

28 Jul 07, 2009 21:29

Does anybody have any idea why the following error keeps happening?

Bu hata hakkında ek bilgi:
MySQL error!

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like'(Errno=1267)

Your query: Check URL against antispam blacklist

SELECT aspm_string

FROM evo_antispam

WHERE 'Dusunun Sorun Paylaşın' LIKE CONCAT("%",aspm_string,"%")

LIMIT 0, 1

30 Jul 07, 2009 23:21

[url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15472]B2evolution turkish language packs, demo and installation..[/url] bu başlıktaki ilk postu okuyun, orada kurulum ile ilgili ayrıntılar

yapmanız gereken databaseinizi oluşturduktan sonra, phpmyadmin'e giderek (kuruluma başlamadan önce) 'database collation' kısmını utf8_general_ci olarak seçmelisiniz... bu işlemi gerçekleştirmediğiniz için sistem varsayılan olarak latin1 ile kurulmuş bu yüzden çakışma yaşanmıştır..

To sum up; you gotta start a brand new installation following the instructions in the first post of the above link, if it's an oldly installation, let us know we will help you further to change your db tables without doing a new install

Form is loading...