Recent Topics

1 May 06, 2008 15:51    

I have been using the Weather plugin with my GlossyBlue skin for a few weeks with no problems. This morning I checked my blog and I see this in the right column:

Weather

Notice: Undefined index: cc in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 323

Notice: Undefined index: cc in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 325

Notice: Undefined index: cc in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 330

Notice: Undefined index: head in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 332

°

Notice: Undefined index: loc in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 336

Notice: Undefined index: cc in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 343

Notice: Undefined index: head in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 345
Feels like: °

Notice: Undefined index: dayf in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 357

Notice: Undefined index: dayf in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 359

Notice: Undefined index: head in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 361
Today's high: °

Notice: Undefined index: dayf in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 365

Notice: Undefined index: dayf in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 367

Notice: Undefined index: head in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/plugins/weather_plugin/_weather.plugin.php on line 369
Today's low: °

Is this a plugin glitch or did something happen elsewhere on my site, with permissions or something? I have not messed with the plugins folder at all, or with the specific html/css of the site.

The only thing that changed on my blog yesterday was the permissions on the media folders (so I can finally upload pics and see the thumbnails in the file screen)...so I can't imagine that would mess up the weather plugin?

2 May 06, 2008 18:21

Yes, same here. Looks like weather server (temporarily) down. So don't worry at this point. If it persists, there are other servers around, but that would require a little recoding.

Good luck

3 May 06, 2008 18:28

Ahhhh, thanks. I can live with it being temporarily down!

4 May 07, 2008 03:36

Same here.
I was worried since this afternoon because it stopped working. I thought i made some mistakes when i changed some things in my blog, but i can see that there are problems with foreca server... i'm reassured.
I temporary disabled weather plugin so all those error lines won't come up.

5 May 07, 2008 15:12

does anyone have any more information about this? it looks like it's still not working. thanks.

6 May 07, 2008 19:02

jack376 wrote:

does anyone have any more information about this? it looks like it's still not working. thanks.

Foreca could have changed the way to diffuse weather informations, so the plugin doesn't work anymore. But it's just a supposition.
We will see in the next days if it will start working fine again...

7 May 08, 2008 00:21

I'm not getting those error messages, but the weather plugin isn't working for me either.

I thought it was because I upgraded to b2evolution 2.4.2 and just didn't notice that it wasn't working at the time.

8 May 08, 2008 01:40

sdlucas wrote:

I'm not getting those error messages, but the weather plugin isn't working for me either.

I thought it was because I upgraded to b2evolution 2.4.2 and just didn't notice that it wasn't working at the time.

It's not because you upgraded to 2.4.2. I upgraded too and weather plugin always worked until yesterday.
I think the problem is in foreca servers.

9 May 08, 2008 12:54

Uff!!!!!
What's happening to weather plugin? I'm going crazy trying to find a resolution.
Does anyone has some news about?

10 May 14, 2008 22:23

Hi all,

I'm also suffering at the loss of this awesome plugin and I can't wait for a fix. Hopefully this will be done soon.

11 Jun 11, 2008 23:06

I don't know if I *fixed* this, but I at least got it to work for me. Near the end of the _weather.plugin.php file, there is a function "weatherXMLparse." In the section:

if (!isset($params['search'])) {
	$this->xml_url ="http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/".
    			$params['ID'].
			"?cc=*&prod=xoap&dayf=2".
			"&unit=".
			$params['units'].
			"&par=1016702634&key=5dccb9f2a102af0d";

I removed the part after the ? that says "&prod=xoap" and everything is back to normal (I hope . . . so far . . .)

13 Mar 21, 2009 01:53

Hey Afwas,

Sweet. Your fix works like a charm.

Thank you very much :-)

14 May 16, 2009 18:45

Hi,

I am having the same probs as Hudson 2001 describes at the beginning of this thread. I have deleted the plugin and then downloaded and installed the one referred to by someone later in the thread, but it still doesn't work for me. Is anyone else having issues?

I someone able to help with fixing this plugin or maybe tell me what I did wrong? All I did was uplaod the php file to the plugins folder, installed via global settings, added my city Perth changed std to metric and selected smaller sized icon. I am running 2.4.5 (i think) - the current version with fantastico.

regards
amanda

Form is loading...