Recent Topics

1 May 08, 2008 04:37    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Can anyone help out with this error that I get when posting new posts? Where is the "Group Settings" and how do I deactivate the rules? If I do, what happens?

* Illegal object markup found: </embed
* (Note: To get rid of the above validation warnings, you can deactivate unwanted validation rules in your Group settings.)

This comes up when I "preview" the post. For this instance, I was putting a link to a youtube video. The link worked and was embedded into the post but it was under the error lines above.

Thanks in advance.

2 May 08, 2008 04:42

There must be a link to "Group Settings" when you get this error. If it's not there go in Users and click Edit icon on the needed group.

Then uncheck "Prevent objects" (not sure about it)

3 May 09, 2008 15:13

Yes! Thank you. I found it.

4 May 09, 2008 16:42

Whoops! I just posted [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15480]something along the same lines[/url]. I see the link and get to the settings page, but it makes no sense to me at all. I don't want to fiddle with each option to see if it works...I want to understand why I need to change the specific option.

5 May 09, 2008 17:56

i assume that error and subsequent direction to fix it was for a previous version of b2. assuming you have the latest release, this is what i did.

go to Users then click on the user group and uncheck as many of the "security filters" under "blogging permissions" as you feel comfortable. I unchecked all since I'm the only poster.

this should do it.

6 May 09, 2008 18:12

This is interesting, I went back to get the link - and now the word sex gave me no problems/errors! ARGH!

But, the next time it happens, I will try it. That said, I am still curious which of the following "blacklisted words" falls under in Blogging Permissions, since none of them seem applicable:

XHTML validation
XHTML validation on XML-RPC calls
Prevent CSS tweaks WARNING: if allowed, users can easily deface the site, add hidden text, etc.
Prevent iframes WARNING: if allowed, users may do XSS hacks, steal passwords from other users, etc.
Prevent javascript WARNING: if allowed, users can easily do XSS hacks, steal passwords from other users, etc.
Prevent objects WARNING: if allowed, users can spread viruses and malware through this blog.

Form is loading...