Recent Topics

1 May 08, 2008 17:17    

Hi,
Would be nice with a feature to automatically include all IMG code to the current post - very much the same way as in the browse interface.

I update my blog (http://www.dahlbergian.com/blog) with quite a few photos every day. I start by uploading all photos (using multiple file upload) and then I transfer the IMG code by clicking the link for each pic.

As I frequently add 10-15 photos to each blog entry this takes quite a while - would it be possible to add a button at the end of the multiple file upload page that would transfer all entries to the current blog post. This would help me a lot.

I know I could select my just uploaded photos and then use the img button but as I have probably a thousand photos or so and my broadband is quite slow it will also take quite a while before they are displayed

/Lars

2 May 08, 2008 18:42

yes , this would be nice, auto upload and insert image, not for me, i would not mind dealing however some users find it hard to figure out ( :

i had once tried to make an external file upload module and integrate with b2 but it did not end up well : P

3 May 08, 2008 22:28

I guess it is already done in 2.5 version. You can select multiple images and a) make one post with these images b) make a post for each image.

Check the 2.5 demo

4 May 08, 2008 23:43

sam2kb wrote:

I guess it is already done in 2.5 version. You can select multiple images and a) make one post with these images b) make a post for each image.

Check the 2.5 demo

yep, thanks sam2kb looks cool, and i ve noticed the 'featured post' is taking place finally.. i wonder what that exactly is..like a sticky or sth ?

5 May 08, 2008 23:57

I added a featured post, but when I created another regular post it displayed above my featured one. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or maybe featured != sticky.

6 May 09, 2008 00:26

sam2kb wrote:

I added a featured post, but when I created another regular post it displayed above my featured one. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or maybe featured != sticky.

yep i did the same test and regular post seemed above the featured (:.. may be it's not the same as sticky post, or may be it is a filter type to be obviously distinct from other post.. will see (:

7 May 09, 2008 11:25

tilqicom wrote:

sam2kb wrote:

Check the 2.5 demo

yep, thanks sam2kb looks cool, and i ve noticed the 'featured post' is taking place finally.. i wonder what that exactly is..like a sticky or sth ?

I checked the 2.5 demo and as I understand it, the feature I use today - multiple uploads and then picking the links that transfer IMG code for my new pics is gone from the 2.5. Instead I get thrown to the file browser window where all uploaded files are shown as thumbnails and then I can pick and choose and the generate that into the current post or create multiple posts. This functionallity already exists in the current releases. My problem is that I have sooo many pics (in one directory) so that the upload of the thumbnails takes a long time. (alternatively I have to go for multiple directories - that might be a good thing anyway of course)

I would rather have had a page like the old multiple upload one but with the option to generate the IMG code for all newly uploaded images.

Any chans of retaining the old functionality with this improvement, do you think?
/Lars

Form is loading...