Recent Topics

1 May 08, 2008 23:14    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I've been using Greymatter for years which allows me to add a list of the titles of recent posts on my home page. Greymatter is old and outdated so I'm looking to replace it with b2evolution. I've installed b2evo and have it up and running... looked through documentation, forums etc. and can't seem to find anything on this subject. My home page is outside of the b2evo installation. Summary.php looks promising, but the documentation is pretty sparse. I've currently got version 1.10.2 installed, but plan to upgrade to the newest version before doing to much customization. I just want to make sure it will do what I want before I put too much time into it.
Thanks very much in advance for any insight.
Wonko

2 May 08, 2008 23:18

Hi and welcome to forums.
those widgets you mentioned are included in the core widgets in 2.4.. you are strongly advised to upgrade to 2.4.x.. there are recent posts, post list and many other widgets to satisfy your needs..

3 May 08, 2008 23:31

Sweet! Thank you so much for your quick reply. I'll upgrade right away.

5 May 09, 2008 19:54

Okay, I've upgraded but can't find the widgets you mentioned. The widgets I see seem to be for use within the blog. Do I need to install a third party widget? I'm looking to create a recent post list on the home page of my site... outside the blog. Am I missing something? Sorry if I'm being thick. Thanks so much for your help!

6 May 09, 2008 21:14

is your webpage you are trying to display the post list , completely irrelevant with your b2evolution ?

if so, as b2 is pure php, you might be able to get them displayed on your page, -that i dont know how to- , or i guess you may benefit the static page function.. maybe a link to your webpage could be useful, i dont know if i can help further

7 May 09, 2008 22:06

Yes, the page I want to display the list on is not within b2evolution. I have a very old cgi blog script called Greymatter. I've been able to display a list of the most recent posts with this script on my home page outside of the blog installation. However the script is no longer supported and it conflicts with a Gallery2 function I also want to put on my home page. Here's my home page: http://www.thecclc.org I put this tag: {{logentrylist number}} under "latest updates" to display the newest posts from the blog, tell the blog where the page is and voila... I get the list. I would be happy with that but it doesn't want to work if I change the page to a php file and try to add other functionality to it.
Any insight is greatly appreciated. TIA!
Wonko

9 May 13, 2008 15:12

Thank you! If it works, it's the right way, eh? What's the PHP you use to call the RSS?

Form is loading...