Recent Topics

1 May 15, 2008 22:06    

Hi all.

I've been trying to decipher the differences between Gallery and Gallery2. Here's what I've come up with.

Gallery - developed by balupton and refined over the years and independent from Gallery2
Gallery2 - a plugin for the Gallery2 found here http://gallery.menalto.com/

Am I correct in stating that Gallery2 is independent from Gallery?

The instructions are a bit confusing but if I install the Gallery2 plugin, would I need Gallery2 already on my webserver? Or does the plugin include everything. If I haven't used Gallery2 ever, would I need the single sign on function?

Also, Fantastico on my webserver offers to install this, should I do this or just use the plugin?

Thanks in advance for answering these rather elementary questions. I appreciate it.

2 May 24, 2008 04:31

jack376,

Sorry for the late reply. You are in fact correct that the Gallery2 plugin and the Gallery plugin have nothing to do with each other. You are also right that Gallery2 will need to be installed separately from the Gallery2 plugin. It is not included.

You could install Gallery2 with Fantastico and then use the plugin to integrate your b2evolution blog and Gallery2 but it sounds like you aren't really set on using Gallery2. Take a look at Gallery2 and see if you really want that or if the b2evolution gallery plugin will suffice for you.

The fact that there is both a Gallery2 plugin and a Gallery plugin is an unfortunate naming problem. One that I couldn't solve by naming the Gallery2 plugin something else because the Gallery plugin already existed and Gallery2 is a separate project maintained by a separate group.

Form is loading...