Recent Topics

1 May 17, 2008 10:35    

My server offset is set to -3 which makes sense, but files uploaded get the server time. I guess that could be seen as 'makes sense' given that to the server it is accurate, but I sort of thought it would know "add the offset to the displayed time of upload".

2 Jun 09, 2008 03:48

That generates (possibly) images with time stamps in the future. Don't know if servers can handle that. Furthermore -and this can be a bug, haven't checked- if you change the timestamp to local NOW and B2evo *then* tries to report the original time by using the local settings things screw horribly. But B2evo doesn't do that with images. Furthermore if you FTp half your images and you upload the other half using the file manager you have two different types of timestamps.

Looks like this is leading nowhere.

Greetings my friend

--FH

3 Jun 09, 2008 16:46

Greetings to you as well!

I didn't think of what would happen if things went the other way, but actually I guess all that needs to be done is apply to offset to the displayed time. The thing is I'm pretty sure the server always actually knows the same time stamp. Like, IT doesn't apply any offsets to itself. Files are either there, or they ain't.

Like my FTP client has an offset in it. I tell it to not upload or download over a newer version of the same name. When the daylight savings time causes my server to move an hour it appears that my FTP client is an hour out of sync, so I have to tell it a new offset and - like magic - things are lined up again. So in that case it is obvious that my FTP client is magically applying the offset to the data is learns from the server.

Anyway it's way easier to say "oh look at the buggy thing that happens" than to try to have an actual answer for it ;)

Form is loading...