Recent Topics

1 May 21, 2008 21:58    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi,

my idea is to have a plugin which alows only logged users to see the complete post. If a user is not registered he only can see the post to the "more separator"

Is it hard to develop one?

2 Oct 01, 2008 10:47

I post here my question since it seems to be of similar application.

How can I hide some items in main page and let only registered users view?

For example I have added to _main.php a picture ore some html text. I want that only registered users have the possibility to read.
Same function I would like to apply to Democracy poll.

Thanks
Stjep

3 Oct 01, 2008 19:30

all i can think of for the moment is a css method..

you know you have

echo "\n";
if( is_logged_in() )
{
	echo '<div id="skin_wrapper" class="skin_wrapper_loggedin">';
}
else
{
	echo '<div id="skin_wrapper" class="skin_wrapper_anonymous">';
}
echo "\n";
?>
<!-- Start of skin_wrapper -->

in ur html header.php by default so you can change the visibility of the div's

let's say you have an element that you dont want to show to guests, supposingly it is under

#div01

open up your style.css and add these:

.skin_wrapper_anonymous #div01{
visibility: hidden;
}
.skin_wrapper_loggedin #div01{
visibility: visible;
}

this will do fine

4 Oct 01, 2008 19:36

outsida wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi,

my idea is to have a plugin which alows only logged users to see the complete post. If a user is not registered he only can see the post to the "more separator"

Is it hard to develop one?

and uuh i had a look at your first question, this is not an exact solution to it, but you can fake it using the same method above..

1. hide the read more link for guests..
2. slap a manually created '[url=http://#]click here to register / to view further content[/url]' and hide this one for logged in members

so that, members will not see that 'click here to register' link, and they will able to view the 'read more' always, no problem here.and for the guests, thye wont be able to view the actual 'read more' until they register and login, they will keep on seeing that 'click here to register / read further' link until they register and login.

5 Oct 28, 2008 14:36

thank you. it seems to work.

Form is loading...