Recent Topics

1 May 29, 2008 07:40    

I woul like to show my categories list with different <li> css for each category-subcategorie.

<li class="cat1">...
<li class="cat2">...
<ul>
<li class="cat3">...
</ul>
<li class="cat4">...

It is posible? Through skins-script or core-scripts?
(I am working with B2evolution 2.4.2)

Thanks

2 Jun 03, 2008 07:44

Some of us have dozen of categories - this may not be feasible for that given reason.

This may make sense if you have a few categories, or if you want to alternate between odd and even #s with alternating color schemes.

That said, I doubt there's a way to do th is without writing a lot of php and css.

may not be worth it, but let's hear from the b2evo gurus...

3 Jun 03, 2008 16:46

I was thinking it wouldn't be too hard, but maybe it will. So like each category has a "category URL name" (or something like that) that is unique to the category and also doesn't have spaces in it. So I was thinking couldn't we do something that automagically makes it be <li class="categoryURLname"> which would mean IF you wanted a style for that category all you would have to do is add .categoryURLname {color:red;} to your style.css file. But I haven't tried it and don't know when or if I will be able to take a shot at actually making it happen.

4 Jun 03, 2008 17:35

I do something similar for my .bPost div, except I use the cat_ID ( just as unique and far less typing :D )

¥

5 Jun 03, 2008 17:46

Yeah that's a great improvement idea due to much less typing. Assuming I try this I will go at it from that angle. No promises though ... but I did mark this as "watch" to remind me I'm into this idea.

Form is loading...