Recent Topics

1 Jun 06, 2008 21:54    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

V. new to this software and trying to get some folks setup on individual blogs. We expect at least 2 blogs per person per month.

I do not see anything listed under "recently". Most other blogs I see list either the blog name and/or date under "recently".

Also, when I click on "archive" I get to a page that lists archive by month but then clicking on the month gets me the message that there is nothing to display.

Can anyone help?

Michelle

2 Jun 06, 2008 22:23

Got link? It'll answer questions you haven't answered, like what version you're running and what skin you're using. And we'll be able to figure out some of what you mean. For example "We expect at least 2 blogs per person per month" doesn't make sense unless you really expect each user to create two new blogs per month. You probably meant "... 2 blog posts per ..." yah?

Anyway I suspect your server can't handle pretty URLs Are you by any chance hosting on a microsloth server?

4 Jun 07, 2008 00:30

Okay so what you're looking for, to link individual blogs to the main one is the "blog list" widget added to the main blog.

The "recently" link is pretty silly really. ALL it does is point to the main page of the blog it happens to be on. Nothing ever gets listed under it is what I mean. I guess it could be useful if someone was on a single post page from way back in time and wanted to get to the main page, but the blog title typically does that very nicely.

I have no clue why your archives aren't working on the blog you linked.

Oh and if you want content on the main page you will have to either post into that blog or aggregate other blogs into the main one. That would be a setting on one of the Blog settings subtabs, but I don't know which one off hand.

I suggest you have a play with a few of the widgets. Post List is a way to get some posts from any given blog into the sidebar for example.

5 Jun 07, 2008 00:49

ok - thanks for the tip. the individual blogs were showing on the top right of the main blog and so i made them not viewable in the public list. i'd rather have a list view so i'll look at that blog list widget. thx

so "recently" is fairly useless. can that be removed? the post list widget sounds a lot more in line with what i want.

archives...hmm.

6 Jun 16, 2008 20:05

so i can see that there was a customized skin setup and the sidebar 2 is not part of the current skin. looks like the "post list" widget is part of this sidebar 2. i tried to edit the skin but don't see the option to add the sidebar. also, there is the option to "reload containers" but i'm hesitant to do that as i don't know what it resets.

7 Jun 16, 2008 20:29

i added the post list widget to the existing sidebar so people can look at previous post titles. i also removed the "recently" and "archive" navigation links as they are useless.

8 Jun 21, 2008 01:30

Ok - finally got the archive to work. I had to set archive grouping to "post by post" .. setting to any of the other grouping options would give me a message "nothing to display".

Form is loading...