Recent Topics

1 Jun 14, 2008 06:37    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'd like to make the following tags:

8 marvel comics
76 marvel

one tag, all "marvel comics."

If it's possible, what would be the SQL command to do so?

2 Jun 14, 2008 06:44

Note : It's early and I haven't had coffee yet, so make a backup first ;)

UPDATE evo_items__itemtag SET itag_tag_ID = 8 WHERE itag_tag_ID = 76

¥

3 Jun 14, 2008 06:46

Thanks... what's the worst that could happen? Lose both tags? Or worse?

BTW, it works, thanks!

4 Dec 12, 2008 04:45

I know that SQL command worked for me before, but it's not working now. Is it possible I'm entering it incorrectly? Or did something else change?

5 Dec 12, 2008 13:47

As far as I know, nothing else has changed ... so it must be you :D

¥

6 Dec 13, 2008 03:13

Yes, it was me... for some reason I convinced myself running that command would also delete the second item tag number.

7 Dec 13, 2008 09:07

The sql for that is something like :

DELETE FROM evo_items__tag WHERE tag_ID=##

Replace ## with the ID of the tag that you want to delete

¥

8 Dec 13, 2008 14:26

Fantastic, thank you very much!

9 Jul 29, 2009 00:41

I am using 3.2 and having been using b2e for a year and a half and for the life of me I cannot find where "tags" are entered. I know how to format the URLs in advanced, but how do I create them, modify them, and add them To my posts?

Also, I got carried away when I created my categories. I would like to simplify and combine similar categories into fewer topics. Can I do that? I would rather have fewer categories and more tags (if I could learn how to use them).

My URLs are formatted like this http://santacruznow.com/news/infrastructure/access/

10 Aug 25, 2009 16:09

Hi there, just noticed this question, do you know how to create tags now or are you still lost?

¥

11 Aug 25, 2009 18:09

¥åßßå wrote:

Hi there, just noticed this question, do you know how to create tags now or are you still lost?

¥

Thanks, YaBBa.

I finally found the tag area.

I would still like to know how to merge categories.

12 Aug 25, 2009 19:47

to merge categories ..

admin > blog settings > [blog] > cats > click "edit" on "child you want to merge" > edit parent to be the cat you want it to merge with > save > then delete child ( posts *should* be auto moved to parent category .... but it that depends on your evo version )

repeat for all your cats you want to merge/delete

¥

13 Aug 25, 2009 20:52

¥åßßå wrote:

to merge categories ..

admin > blog settings > [blog] > cats > click "edit" on "child you want to merge" > edit parent to be the cat you want it to merge with > save > then delete child ( posts *should* be auto moved to parent category .... but it that depends on your evo version )

¥

I made sure of the parent cat, but when I tried to delete the child I got this:

The following relations prevent deletion:

1 posts within category through extra cat

I am using 3.2.0 beta

14 Aug 26, 2009 18:37

Ahhh, I was hoping that happened in a later version, it's a real pain.

2 ways forward :
1) edit all posts and remove/move them from the cats you want to delete, press save, rinse and repeat, then go delete the cats

2) You can do this in phpmyadmin, but I'd need lots of id numbers before I could even begin to tell you the mysql you'd need .... ohhh, and you'd REALLY want to make a backup before you trust my mysql skills :D

¥

15 Sep 05, 2009 15:54

¥åßßå wrote:

to merge categories ..

¥

O_O I hope that becomes a feature. I ended up editing each posts hehe ;)

16 Sep 05, 2009 17:12

In that case you'd better sit down .... it *used* to be a feature, this is now the new way forward ... sucks huh?

¥

17 Sep 05, 2009 17:57

¥åßßå wrote:

In that case you'd better sit down .... it *used* to be a feature, this is now the new way forward ... sucks huh?

¥

O_O And I didn't even know it exists before :lol:

Something to remember hehe. Normally no blogger will change categories regularly.. which affects links (and SEO), so let's just hope that the day when we have to move things around won't come (and in my case, won't come "again" :lol: )

Form is loading...