Recent Topics

1 Jun 20, 2008 08:52    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to all of this php stuff. I've been kind of running rampant through code and seeing what happens.

I've created my own skin from an HTML site I had made up earlier, and integrated the php components. but here's the thing, I think somewhere in my endeavour, I screwed up.
Specialty pages aren't showing up in the content area, it's just blank. Pages like "Latest Comments" "User Profiles" and so and so forth.

Here's a link to the site as it stands now:
[url=http://www.robinomicon.com/blog]Robinomicon[/url]

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 Jun 20, 2008 09:46

What B2 skin did you work from?

3 Jun 20, 2008 17:48

Custom.
Basically just copied and pasted the PHP blocks.
I kept my original div classes, if that makes a difference.

5 Jun 20, 2008 18:56

Furyofaseraph wrote:

Also, I think something might be wonky with the addressing.
As you can see, the root directory of the blog is
Robinomicon/Blog.
when I highlight the Profile link it reads:
http://robinomicon.com/blog/blog1.php?disp=profile&redirect_to=/blog/blog1.php?blog=1
Should that read like that? I would think that that preceding /Blog/ shouldn't be there.
But I have no clue what I'm talking about, so -=shrug=-

yes.nothing wrong about the url, afaisee it's totally skin related, you have nothing wrong with your comments.main.php or any other file..

http://robinomicon.com/blog/index.php?disp=comments&tempskin=custom

So consider double, triple reviewing your customized skin ;) you probably missed a spot somewhere..

which is possibly

<?php
		// -------------- MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE INCLUDED HERE (Based on $disp) --------------
		skin_include( '$disp$', array(
				'disp_posts'  => '',		// We already handled this case above
				'disp_single' => '',		// We already handled this case above
				'disp_page'   => '',		// We already handled this case above
			) );
		// Note: you can customize any of the sub templates included here by
		// copying the matching php file into your skin directory.
		// ------------------------- END OF MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE ---------------------------
	?>

add this somewhere below after:

<?php
	locale_restore_previous();	// Restore previous locale (Blog locale)
	?>

-crossing fingers- hope it works..good luck, cheers[/code]

6 Jun 20, 2008 19:02

Nevermind,
I figured it out.

I was missing the "MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE INCLUDED HERE" section for the skin.

Oops.

thanks for the direction, though. I wouldn't have thought of it if you hadn't suggested which skin I had used.

7 Jun 20, 2008 19:30

How's that for good timing?
that was exactly the problem.
Thanks

8 Jun 20, 2008 19:43

Furyofaseraph wrote:

How's that for good timing?
that was exactly the problem.
Thanks

you ve already figured that without reading my post while i was writing that i guess? :/ too bad, i could use that time i spent preparing that post for another beer before the game :( .. -kidding- i'm glad you solved it.

9 Jun 22, 2008 13:28

Love the linkback!

Is there any reason why I should leave links to your site here when you don't provide links to this domain there?

@tilqicom: why do you bother to help people who don't help b2evolution?

10 Jun 22, 2008 13:42

EdB wrote:

Love the linkback!

Is there any reason why I should leave links to your site here when you don't provide links to this domain there?

@tilqicom: why do you bother to help people who don't help b2evolution?

Hmm, i still can not resolve the idea behind not leaving a linkback, does these people want to appropriaten many years and (maybe) hundreds of people's work to themselves ?

Considering the low-chances of people who can be 'considerate' enough, not having linkback though asking help in an OS enviroment, i presume they have linkback each time.

And another issue is, mostly people ask for assitance without mentioning their websites (which i know is one of the things that annoyes you much) however asking for a link waiting for a reply and then answering; (when you have a chance to answer without a link) just lengthens the process of solution..

But as this is the second case, i wont be answering questions without a link from now on than, frankly i am bothered to be seeming as i were eager to waste my time for people who dont care about the others.

11 Jun 23, 2008 03:44

Calm down guys, it's not done yet. You have my word a Link back to b2e will be written into the footer.

I had just realized that I can put most of my content in the headers and footer files a couple days ago, and I haven't had a chance to work on anything since.

12 Jun 23, 2008 03:56

Furyofaseraph wrote:

Calm down guys, it's not done yet. You have my word a Link back to b2e will be written into the footer.

I had just realized that I can put most of my content in the headers and footer files a couple days ago, and I haven't had a chance to work on anything since.

As you may have noticed Ed is very sensitive in this matter (linkback) dont take this personally, according to him you should place the linkback at very first, than build your site around it : P..

I felt i had to respond cause i have to emphasize that i am as sensitive as anybody else, and the reason behind this sensitivity is not the tiny input i did, but the huge effort that [url=http://b2evolution.net/dev/authors.html]they[/url] did over the years.

I can understand it, it's not the expectation of a few more people via the linkback, it's the feeling of ignorance of the exhasuting exertions of many people.

Form is loading...