Recent Topics

1 Jun 22, 2008 01:14    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

So I'm sick of messing with WP and I want to convert my other blogs ALL over to b2. Is there a tool to migrate my posts over?

3 Jun 22, 2008 15:56

DOH!! lol should have known it would already be installed!!!

Going to be a busy Sunday for me :)

5 Sep 06, 2008 21:01

Not sure if anyone else is keeping this importer up to date but I have a request for a note to be added to the importer page that lets you know that the db user needs to have access to both the wp and b2 database to do the import.

I convinced a friend to try b2 and she is in love with it and dumping her WP installs as well but had trouble figuring out this bit of importing.

6 Oct 15, 2008 01:15

My problem is I have an OLD Huge 32mb mysql database,
I can't get the import tool to work, and I'm pulling out my hair.

is there a set of instructions that tell you how to point to an already existent database you'd like to use, but can't use the tool to import ?

your soft ware is nice, but I don't want to sacrfice 4 years of wp posts;
in the move.

I really need help, Please

~RE

Daethian2 wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

So I'm sick of messing with WP and I want to convert my other blogs ALL over to b2. Is there a tool to migrate my posts over?

:roll: :roll:

7 Oct 15, 2008 05:10

I haven't kept this script up to date with both b2evolution and wordpress since the time I converted my own blog over.

I wrote this script and shared it with the b2evolution community in the hope that somebody would actively maintain it.

If anybody is interested in keeping the script up-to-date, please do so, as I myself don't follow WordPress much any more and besides, I'm working on writing my own blog software these days.

Also since your database is quite large, you'll experience timeout issues if you run it with the PHP script I've provided.

The best solution would be to write an updated script which can be used OFFLINE (as opposed to on the live server) say as a Python or Perl script which will do the same thing (convert the WP database to b2evolution) and then upload the new database it to your server.

Unfortunately, you'll still have to mess a bit with your MySQL admin panel provided by your hosting provider to take backups and restore backups etc.

8 Oct 22, 2008 17:01

I'm currently looking into this issue. Is there anyone with a WP blog out there that wants me to try to import in B2evolution? So I'm looking for one or more WP blogs 'to play with' and will assist you with the transition.

Thanks

9 Oct 22, 2008 21:33

why not just install it, it comes with default content. it also provides xml backups now of all the posts

10 Oct 22, 2008 21:51

I'd rather like YOUR BLOG on a B2evolution setup ;)

(thanks for the advise, I think a basic install will do for my experiments)

--F

11 Oct 22, 2008 22:17

I'd rather like YOUR BLOG on a B2evolution setup ;)

buahahah, thats funny. My blog is barely running wordpress, its better to be called whoo&yabbapress

Form is loading...