Recent Topics

1 Jun 22, 2008 01:31    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Although I browsed the docs relating to b2evolution and searched for those keywords in this forum, I am unable to find the answer to the question of the subject.

Can someone tell me, what is different about Special referrers as opposed to regular Referers in the b2evo admin stats section?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

2 Jun 22, 2008 01:40

i wonder why such a tiny thing made you bother (: Dont have certain information inquring this matter,
i dont want to mislead you however afai think, it should be 'other referers' than regular, search referers which i mean including all the other refering stuff, email-referers i.e

3 Jun 22, 2008 02:06

tilqicom wrote:

i wonder why such a tiny thing made you bother [...]

Thanks for your reply.

I depend partially on my blog to acquire business. Accordingly, I leverage every bit of information --however insignificant it may appear to be.

4 Jun 22, 2008 13:51

Traffic stats has been significantly overhauled in the 2.* generation, so some of it is both new and not clearly understood by ... well ... people who happen to not be core developers. For example why would I want an option to track hits to admin pages? That one struck me as odd...

And the column for "Referer Spam" makes totally no sense given that antispam blocks traffic from being logged long before the log_hit() function logs hit data.

Anyway on the "special referer" I really don't know but I'll venture a guess that somewhere in a file there is a comment that explains how one could use that bit. This is only a guess okay? I never noticed it and therefore never really gave it much thought.

5 Jun 22, 2008 19:24

In inc/sessions/views/_stats_browserhits.view.php, lines 69-77, an array maps the referer type names to the columns:

$col_mapping = array(
			'search' => 1,
			'referer' => 2,
			'direct' => 3,
			'self' => 4,
			'blacklist' => 5,
			'spam' => 6,
			'admin' => 7,
		);

The "Special referrers" column is column #5 (if the date column is #0), so I think it show hits from blacklisted referers (ok, what's the difference to "spam"? -- EDIT: Ah, the blacklist is the one in conf/_stats.php, "spam" are hits which are blacklisted in the centralized blacklist).

Form is loading...