Recent Topics

1 Jun 23, 2004 22:28    

hey,

anyone got a clue on how to get b2evo to auto create a blog for the user that has just registered? and allowing that user to make/edit blogs without giving him permissions to touch blogs belonging to other users...

regards,
kelvin

2 Jun 23, 2004 22:46

it's not yet possible, but it is in the pipeline (no duedate set yet)

4 Dec 28, 2004 18:05

I'd be very interested as well. Each user should have his own blog, linkblog, file uploads area, and more. Within each personal blog, the user entries should be marked as private/public read access.

This kind of multiblog implementation would be very valuable for creating blogging communities with more than just a personal blog. Any content type that can be published as an RSS feed could be created and then aggregated by the user.

5 Dec 29, 2004 12:20

I seem to remember that in the cvs vsersion (no idea if it's still there, I've not had time to play with cvs recently) each user has their own upload area - so we're slowly getting there!

6 Jan 04, 2005 07:15

Graham wrote:

I seem to remember that in the cvs vsersion (no idea if it's still there, I've not had time to play with cvs recently) each user has their own upload area - so we're slowly getting there!

I really need this badly too. Right now is the only workaround is to let the user register or manually register them, create the blog manually, then assign the user unique access and rights to that blog?

This seems to be the only way I can get it to do this.

All the best,

7 Jan 04, 2005 12:34

I found one blog system which allows user blogs easily, it's called plog and has a lot of features too. For now, that seems to be the only open source one with the user blog feature.

http://www.plogworld.net/

Also, if you are merely interested in creating your won aggregation page easily, check out bloglines.com, they offer free RSS aggregation on the user page and multi-lingual support.

8 Jan 28, 2005 19:44

Anyone got a clue on a timescale for adding this feature? I'd love to be able to get my users to be able to register and automatically create their own blow without me messing around behind the scenes.

Ta.

9 Apr 04, 2005 02:52

Why don't you prance over to livejournal.org and get their source?

10 Apr 04, 2005 11:13

Livejournal is written in perl. b2evolution is written in php. The two languages aren't compatible.

Form is loading...