Recent Topics

1 Aug 03, 2008 18:41    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hey,

I recently downloaded the latest version of b2evolution, and am working on editing the evocamp skin. I have pretty much everything working how I want it to but there are a couple minor details I am having trouble with.

First I want to add an image behind the title of each post that goes along the length of the page, like a banner I guess. I forgot to mention that this is my first time using css, and I just cant seem to figure it out.

my second question is I removed the two side columns and want to have all the links on the top navigation bar. So I have the common navigation links widget, free html widget for external links, xml and the search.

Where do I change what the xml and search widgets looks like to make them fit in the nav bar?

thanks,

Trevor

2 Aug 03, 2008 19:29

photo_trev wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hey,

I recently downloaded the latest version of b2evolution, and am working on editing the evocamp skin. I have pretty much everything working how I want it to but there are a couple minor details I am having trouble with.

First I want to add an image behind the title of each post that goes along the length of the page, like a banner I guess. I forgot to mention that this is my first time using css, and I just cant seem to figure it out.

my second question is I removed the two side columns and want to have all the links on the top navigation bar. So I have the common navigation links widget, free html widget for external links, xml and the search.

Where do I change what the xml and search widgets looks like to make them fit in the nav bar?

thanks,

Trevor

hi and welcome to the forums photo_trev..
First of all i wouldnt advice you to go with evocamp, as it has serious errors by default

photo_trev wrote:

First I want to add an image behind the title of each post that goes along the length of the page, like a banner I guess.

that is pretty easy, but varies on the bg picture you are gonna use.. may help you out if you could be much specific, or give a visual example if possible..

photo_trev wrote:

I remember helping in a similar -exact maybe- issue about evocamp, would be happy to help you out again if you could provide a link to your blog..

3 Aug 04, 2008 04:20

Ok I just posted a reply but the spam filter took it away......hopefully a moderator has it and can give it back.

4 Aug 04, 2008 04:22

how this:

alright here is where I am at now: http://www.ambientstudios.ca/blog/ I am just having trouble finding out how to change the search box to fit the style of the top menu, as well as format the links to look all alike. And I also want to try and get this graphic - www.ambientstudios.ca/title.jpg to show up behind each post title. So what kind of errors does evocamp have? I dont want to get to complicated with it, and I know I am not using many of the features that b2evolution has to offer. I kinda just picked it at random. If you could take a look at that and tell me what you think that would be awesome. thanks, Trevor

the problem is with your domain name -- its a partial match to ambie*

5 Aug 04, 2008 15:05

alright here is where I am at now: http://www.ambientstudios.ca/blog/ I am just having trouble finding out how to change the search box to fit the style of the top menu, as well as format the links to look all alike. And I also want to try and get this graphic - www.ambientstudios.ca/title.jpg to show up behind each post title. So what kind of errors does evocamp have? I dont want to get to complicated with it, and I know I am not using many of the features that b2evolution has to offer. I kinda just picked it at random. If you could take a look at that and tell me what you think that would be awesome. thanks, Trevor

ohh..you shouldnt have just added the search box in the navigation container.. it's not a good idea.. you can remove those radio buttons by hacking the core widget but you would better get; [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15593]Advanced Search by sam2kb [/url] as it has the ability to display 'only' the search box and nothing else, than you can place it better i guess..

and for the title background; i see that your image is not a repeatable image so, you should first find out what width your post is where it seems like it's set to approximately 900px.. so resize your image to 900px width, then open your style.css and place

#content h2 {
background: url(images/title.jpg) no-repeat;
}

i dont have to mention your title.jpg should be under ../skins/evocamp/images do i :P.. good luck in advance

6 Aug 04, 2008 16:04

Hi photo_trev.

Really cool of you to remove the linkback credit to the source of this free open source software AND ask for free help in a free forum.

Yeah... really cool of you.

7 Aug 04, 2008 16:57

EdB wrote:

Hi photo_trev.

Really cool of you to remove the linkback credit to the source of this free open source software AND ask for free help in a free forum.

Yeah... really cool of you.

there comes our credit link checker.. : P just kidding , Edb is really right, i now feel ashamed because of spending my time -even if it is in seconds does not matter - for someone who does not appreciate the time spent -in years- .. People should really understand the mentality of open source code/software ...

If b2 was not developed (or the summats of it) by kind volunteers, you would possibly have to buy some crappy microsoft blog software, and pay for it, and seek some help desperately and deal with cold hearted technicians that does not give a damn about your problems.. nvm, lets hope the idea of open source will settle better in time..

8 Aug 04, 2008 18:16

tilqicom wrote:

mentality

I agree whole heartedly ... any software that's directed by a natural born german that pretends he's french and has had to change his location in usa twice in the last few weeks ( he blames humidity ) ... is bound to have a few nutcases hanging around :D

¥

9 Aug 05, 2008 03:25

Hey guys,

yeah the B2evolution link was on the one side bar I took off. I'll add the link again on the bottem, I've just been focusing on gettin other stuff running first. Do you guys want me to leave that hosting link as well? whats the deal with that?

10 Aug 05, 2008 06:46

photo_trev wrote:

Hey guys, Do you guys want me to leave that hosting link as well?

there is NO requirement for leaving ANY links in tact, either for using b2evolution or using this forum -- you dont have to listen to what anyone here has to say or what they "want".

If particular individuals wont help without a link -- that is their gig.

Its a free country.

11 Aug 08, 2008 16:51

Alright guys, I added the links again. It makes sense what everyone is saying, I mean I would have never found b2evolution if it wasn't for the linkback credit.

12 Aug 10, 2008 05:55

so no one is going to help?

13 Aug 10, 2008 14:41

photo_trev wrote:

so no one is going to help?

help about what ? (:

Form is loading...