Recent Topics

1 Aug 15, 2008 20:31    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I've been having a hard time integrating the widget array/sidebar function into my site as I'd like and I'd like to use a search box outside of the sidebar. Is there any way to insert a search box by itself?

2 Aug 15, 2008 21:04

you can place a search box anywhere using html code or you can get; [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15593]Advanced Search by sam2kb [/url] as it has the ability to display 'only' the search box and nothing else, either way you will end up having a search box which you can place it anywhere in your page and modify via css

3 Aug 16, 2008 13:11

Thanks for the link, I've installed the Advanced Search plug in, but can't figure out how to display it out of a widget array. Can someone explain to me how to do this, or how to do a regular HTML search box?

4 Aug 16, 2008 13:18

Use this code somewhere in the skin:

<form action="<?php $Blog->gen_blogurl() ?>" method="get" class="search">

Needs a submit button I presume.

I've got some more codesnippets if this one isn't enough. But gotta run now so please remind me if you're interested ;)

Good luck

5 Aug 16, 2008 14:24

yellowlightman wrote:

Thanks for the link, I've installed the Advanced Search plug in, but can't figure out how to display it out of a widget array. Can someone explain to me how to do this, or how to do a regular HTML search box?

try the html method.. just to mention you can add the advanced search widget into any of the containers then you can possibly place it where you like using css position:absolute-relative, or fake up a container for just that widget,good luck

Form is loading...