Recent Topics

1 Aug 23, 2008 06:58    

My b2evolution Version: 0.9.x

I still have my blog running under b2evo 0.9.1.
http://www.foolforfood.de
The former base was "natural pink" but I changed it to three columns and customized it a lot.

Yesterday I started a new installation just to test it (separate workspace) with evocamp because natural pink just didn't work with my old three column style. I started to upgrade from 0.9.x to 1.10, deleted 1.10 and upgraded to 2.4.x and I'm still proud I could upgrade the database with only little problems.

I could modify my old skin under 0.9.1 but with this container thing I don't even see where I can change for example the look of the calendar widget.

My questions:

1. For the time of testing I would like not to have my test installation visbible for anybody. Where can I change that without switching all the posts to "not published"?

2. Where can I change the width of the template, I mean I'm not happy with the current floating design (variable content width), but would need a wider content section without changing the size of the other columns of evocamp.

3. Where can I customize the calendar widget? I copied the css-code from my old version but that does not fully work.

4. I'd like my logo on the left top of the header. Where do I make the changes for that?

Many questions from a "2.4.x newbie".

Thank you for your help in advance!
C.

2 Aug 24, 2008 11:05

Well, it took me quite some time (day & night) to figure things out. But finally I got through all this.

After thinking about the benefit of a calendar I just deleted the calendar widget. The calendar was much more a tool for me to see how much I posted. But would readers really click on a special date to see what I posted that day?

What I can recommend when upgrading from an older version of b2evo: Don't stick to your old template too much. It's much easier to start almost from scratch. Just think of what you really need and try to customize a skin that you like. Colors and images can easily be changed.

I'm really glad I did the upgrade!

C.

3 Aug 24, 2008 19:37

Congratulations on upgrading, but you should know that using IE or FF I am seeing a horizontal scroll bar on your blog on a 1024 wide monitor.

4 Aug 27, 2008 20:20

Thanks for looking at it! Yes, seems it is a little too wide now even though I set the wrap in style.css to 1024 ... My files need some more adjustment but for the first try it's not that bad. Wish I had more time to play around with all this.

Form is loading...