Recent Topics

1 Sep 15, 2008 01:15    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I have selected the "b2evolution Version" drop down of 2.x but when the post is submitted it appears as 1.10.x.
This is because the values in the drop down for 2.x and 1.10.x are the same:

<SELECT name="phpbbknowledge" onchange="toggleOther( document.post.phpbbknowledge.options[ document.post.phpbbknowledge.selectedIndex ].value );">
 <option selected name="Pick One" value="Pick One">Pick One</option>
 <option name="phpbbknowledge" value="4">2.x</option>
 <option name="phpbbknowledge" value="4">1.10.x</option>
 <option name="phpbbknowledge" value="1">1.9.x</option>
 <option name="phpbbknowledge" value="2">1.8.x</option>
 <option name="phpbbknowledge" value="3">0.9.x</option>
 <option name="phpbbknowledge" value="oth">Other</option>
</select>

Is this the correct behaviour?[/code]

4 Sep 15, 2008 11:02

Thanks.
Not really sure why the other thread couldn't see what the problem was.

"Use the source Luke" ;)

5 Sep 15, 2008 11:03

It's because we have more than one skin and only the subsilver skin had the bug ;)

¥

6 Sep 15, 2008 11:09

I've had it happen to me and I use the orange skin.

7 Sep 15, 2008 11:11

That's trippy because the orange skin's coded correctly .... bugger, another headache :p

¥

8 Sep 15, 2008 11:28

A long LONG time ago those buttons down there that mods get for like lock and split and move used to shuffle themselves around. Sometimes the same icon would be used for all links, and sometimes they would just be in the wrong place. Back then after flopping on the wrong feature I learned to read the link shown upon mouseover before clicking. I figured it was just a freak thing and there you go. It then stopped doing it. Haven't seen it shuffle since.

I think there are ghosts in phpbb especially when mods happen. Like for example I added some form fields to users profiles on a little forum I do. Suddenly it now adds a random number of BRs between the title and the first post. I can see where the BRs come from but can't for the life of me figure out why it comes up as a random number of them. Plus when I change the title someone gets it gives me a long series of error messages before it finally says "okay you're good". It works so I don't care, but ... well I just ignore it cuz I'm the only one who sees it.

Anyway there's some freaky stuff that happens sometimes. I blame it on mods - not that the mods are bad or done wrong. Just that phpbb is ... weird.

Or maybe I'm totally wrong. I mean, yeah I know I use the orange skin and I'm like pretty danged certain I've had it switch to 1.whatever on me but hey if it doesn't happen again then hooray!

9 Sep 18, 2008 16:02

hugs Yabba :)

10 Sep 18, 2008 16:23

whoo wrote:

hugs Yabba :)

Damn. One day I gotta do something that earns a whoohug. Not that I'm willing and able to not be an asshat okay? Just that a whoohug would make my day. I've never gotten a whoohug :( I wish I could get a whoohug :'(

I could maybe behave like a grownup and maybe one day get a whoohug? :D

11 Sep 18, 2008 17:50

I'm a grownup? :O .... bugger, there goes my plans for the future :(

¥

12 Nov 02, 2008 23:12

Hummm... sorry, but just out of curiosity... can I switch the skin of b2evolution.net? It's the first time I hear about Orange and Subsilver.

13 Nov 02, 2008 23:43

@bit
Go to your profile page.... down near the bottom of that first page is an option to change the board from the default b2evolution to the 'blue' skin

14 Nov 03, 2008 00:06

actually the blue skin (subsilver) is the default skin. b2evo (the orange one) is the second choice.

15 Nov 03, 2008 00:30

Oh yeah... easy enough. My bad. Thank you two. :)

Form is loading...