Recent Topics

1 Sep 27, 2008 14:51    

My b2evolution Version: 0.9.x

We have a blog/news web site which is operated by myself and one other editor. Sometimes I set the "$use_html_checker = 1;" to "$use_html_checker = 0;" on the _formating.php page so that I can upload a video to our site. While I was doing this the other editor uploaded some text to the site which had a few small errors in the html code which ordinarily would have been prevented from uploading had the html checker been activated. I was able correct these html errors and re upload the text.

I don't know if the incident I have described is related to the problem we are now having, but we can no longer upload any text containing: 'test'

--'test', and to be more specific this series of characters alone: ' --' can no longer be uploaded. Note the space between the first apostrophe and dash, remove the space like so: '--' and it will upload.

This is the error message that we now receive:

The website declined to show this webpage
HTTP 403
Most likely causes:
This website requires you to log in.
What you can try:
Go back to the previous page.
More information
This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.
For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Does anyone know what has gone wrong with our b2evo site and how we can repair it?

2 Sep 27, 2008 17:20

I'd probably be talking to my host and asking what server settings they've changed ;)

¥

3 Sep 27, 2008 19:33

I checked with my server provider and they said there have been no changes to the server settings.

4 Sep 27, 2008 19:56

Upgrade.

The version of b2evolution you are using is beyond obsolete. It is, technically speaking, uberobosolete.

The version is not the problem BUT the version is obsolete and unsupported. No one plays with it anymore is the thing.

5 Sep 27, 2008 21:02

What you say about this being an old version of b2evolution is true, however we have made numerous modifications to this version. We added a field called “Author:” to the admin page, which required pages of php modifications to the existing program. We made the b2evolution blog program into a news web site, which allows us to quickly post news and submissions from writers. There are still quite a few things about it that could be better and we would like to upgrade to a newer version, but this would take weeks as we have customized this version so extensively and at considerable experience. At this time we are pretty much dead in the water. I have dozens of submissions, which cannot be posted and more coming in all the time. Our site is called thepeoplesvoice.org. We have been providing uncensored non-corporate news and articles to the public for eight years until now. Is there anybody that can help us solve this problem?

6 Sep 28, 2008 00:27

Beyond old dear friend. Obsolete. Sorry, but I'm going to lock this thread.

Form is loading...