Recent Topics

1 Dec 03, 2008 14:57    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there is a way a reader of my blog could subscribe to receive an email every time my blog is updated or if I need a plugin or something to do this?

Thanks

3 Dec 03, 2008 22:46

You can enable the "Email subscriptions" feature for the blog (Blog settings -> Features). Then registered users can subscribe and will receive an email for each new post/comment.

4 Dec 03, 2008 22:54

This assumes, of course, that you have people register to read your blog.

I don't have any registrations, hence Feedblitz. :)

5 Jan 08, 2009 09:07

"Tblue" wrote:

You can enable the "Email subscriptions" feature for the blog (Blog settings -> Features). Then registered users can subscribe and will receive an email for each new post/comment.

.... yes, but this is not happening all the times..

is there any widget which allows the admin to force sending an email to users for notifying a new post?

6 Jan 08, 2009 13:47

There are two very popular third-party applications to do this I think a lot more elegantly than can or should be done within b2evo. They also avoid the registration problem and are portable if ever you move your blog and/or change platform.

Feedblitz
Feedburner

7 Jan 10, 2009 13:45

I tried using the email subscription through B2E and when I started allowing people to register ( had thirty the first day I offered) I started realizing they were able to have access to the admin portion...basically everything! So I had to disable all the accounts. Anyone have any idea what I did wrong? Or do you allow your registered users to access the admin? I set up a users group and restricted all access, but when I tested I could see everything and I don't want that.

8 Jan 15, 2009 03:38

@onmillertime: what a registered member can see and do is something you have total control over. For example somewhere on your Global settings tab you can select the group for new users. On each blog you can set permissions for each group, and more importantly the group's permissions can be edited from the Users tab by clicking on the group name.

Basically that means you can turn off everything a new user might see until such times as you move them to a group that has permissions OR give them individual user permissions.

Oh and there is also a service called [url=http://www.botablog.com/]bot-a-blog[/url] that probably is the easiest solution in the world. (Also might be the oldest given that I learned about it back when 0.8.6.2 was brand new.) If I understand correctly, YOU create an account then point visitors to bot-a-blog and they decide to sign up for email notifications.

Form is loading...