Recent Topics

1 Dec 09, 2008 01:03    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

can anyone halp me on how to remove the search box on my banner.. i am newbie in this.. plz help me...

2 Dec 09, 2008 05:02

Hi,
In the Admin section of your blog, goto Blog Settings -> Your Blog -> Widgets and look down the list for 'Content Search Form' and on the right simply click the big red X to delete the search widget.

3 Jan 04, 2009 04:09

I'd like to know more about the Search Box and it's function and if it can be edited/replaced with another if code is provided.

I have a code for a similar looking Search Box which will return results for products and services rather than blog postings or google listings.

Can I accomplish this edit and how?

Many Thanks

Lawrence

P.S.-I am a rank newbie. I apologize again if this post does not belong here. For the most part I don't even understand much of the questions in this forum (yet) let alone the answers. LOL

I want to see if b2evolution is the product for me to use actually. I am at the WYSIWYG editor level. I am curious to know if a real non-techie like me can use b2evolution successully.

4 Jan 17, 2009 04:08

Many Thanks for the help to disable the search default box. Now that I have that option available to me I am wondering if I can insert some html cose or javascript somewhere to enable another search box of my choice into the blog. I.E. coded to search outside of the blog, open a new window and return results there?

5 Jan 17, 2009 04:14

Add a widget, add a Free HTML widget, insert the html for your fancy-posh search thingie, live long and prosper.

6 Jan 17, 2009 04:56

That is good news Ed :) so just where do I add this widget so that the search box will appear on the right hand column?

7 Jan 17, 2009 05:45

On your widgets subtab (under blog settings, pick a blog) you will have a list of containers. Each container represents a portion of your skin, normally with a name that sort of makes sense. So on the widgets subtab pick the container that is where you want this thing, then click "Add a widget". It is over on the right hand side by the way. Then add the Free HTML widget.

8 Jan 17, 2009 06:36

That seems straightforward enough. Thanks

9 Mar 14, 2009 04:26

it is taking too long wading through each feature and option in b2e for me as a total newbie.

Bottom line question- Is there a blog software or skin in b2e that makes the display of the blog something like a WYSIWYG equivalent in standard site editors?

If No-

Then how do I embed a video in the right column of a post and have the main post to the left of the video?

Thanks..I don want alll the default catagories and all that stuff in the right column

Thanks

10 Mar 14, 2009 04:59

lawed wrote:

it is taking too long wading through each feature and option in b2e for me as a total newbie.

It's okay ;) You'll get the hang of it.

lawed wrote:

Bottom line question- Is there a blog software or skin in b2e that makes the display of the blog something like a WYSIWYG equivalent in standard site editors?

I don't think there is a blog software that does that - a WYSIWYG "Theme" editor. Not even a full-blown CMS like Xaraya, PostNuke, and PHPNuke (if people still remember the *Nuke/Xaraya days :p )

But it is possible, it's just that, no one wants to do it ^_^

lawed wrote:

If No-

Then how do I embed a video in the right column of a post and have the main post to the left of the video?

It depends on your skin. If your skin provides a "Right" sidebar, then all you have to do is:

1. Go to your Backoffice

2. Click "Blog Settings"

3. Choose the blog you want to edit

4. Click on the "Widget" tab

5. Look for "Sidebar" or "Sidebar 2"

6. Click "Add Widget"

7. Choose "Free HTML"

8. Fill in the fields you will see

• Block Title - what you want to see in your blog (Video; Meta; YouTube)

• Block Content - put here your Video embed code

• Name - name your Free HTML widget so you can easily find it next time you go back to your Blog Settings > Blog > Widget page

• [/list:u]
    • Click Save

• Reload your blog mainpage

• [/list:o] lawed wrote:

Thanks..I don want alll the default catagories and all that stuff in the right column

Thanks

Same process as above, but just delete the widget "Categories" and all the others that you do not need.

11 Mar 14, 2009 09:01

It worked. Thank you for your help.

12 Mar 14, 2009 14:51

How do I delete the defaults in the footer after the copyright notice and my name?

Form is loading...