Recent Topics

1 Dec 09, 2008 19:12    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

My site, my blog login page and my control panel won't show with internet explorer or avant browser. I use the aol software 9.1 and I can only see it with that. When I try accesing the pages it gives me the messages below

Avant browser - We can't open the web page you requested ...
- Cannot Find Server - The web site you typed in could not be found on the internet.

Internet Explorer - Oops! This link appears broken. Page not found - connection failure.

I contacted support from vistapages.com, my hosting services and they said they can't help me because they don't do third party support. My control panel is from them not b2evo and I can't see it either with either browser. So here I am to see if anyone else has had this problem. :-/ >:(

2 Dec 09, 2008 19:58

totally off topic : why the brown text ?

tad more ontopic : smidge hard to help without a url

good news : I'm about to go for my tea, so someone with sense may answer before I return :D ... chances are though that they'll need a url ;)

¥

3 Dec 09, 2008 23:02

¥åßßå wrote:

totally off topic : why the brown text ?

tad more ontopic : smidge hard to help without a url

good news : I'm about to go for my tea, so someone with sense may answer before I return :D ... chances are though that they'll need a url ;)

¥

Why use black text when I have the choice of using other colors? Besides makes it easier to distinguish from the reply, etc. My url isolatedexistence.com :)

4 Dec 10, 2008 10:37

Well, that has a certain logic to it ;)

When I hit your site I get a connection error, you need to check the mysql credentials in /conf/_basic.config.php

¥

5 Dec 10, 2008 14:23

¥åßßå wrote:

Well, that has a certain logic to it ;)

When I hit your site I get a connection error, you need to check the mysql credentials in /conf/_basic.config.php

¥

That's a new problem! I'm a newbie at this how do I check that? >:( :oops:

6 Dec 10, 2008 14:53

In conf/_basic_config.php you need to check that you've entered the correct database host / user / password / name

/**
 * MySQL DB settings.
 * Fill in your database details (check carefully or nothing will work!)
 */
$db_config = array(
	'user'          => 'demouser',     // your MySQL username
	'password'      => 'demopass',     // ...and password
	'name'          => 'b2evolution',  // the name of the database
	'host'          => 'localhost',    // MySQL Server (typically 'localhost')
);

If you don't know what they are then you'll need to ask your host for them. Update that file and re-upload it and all should be well.

¥

7 Dec 10, 2008 16:57

¥åßßå wrote:

In conf/_basic_config.php you need to check that you've entered the correct database host / user / password / name

/**
 * MySQL DB settings.
 * Fill in your database details (check carefully or nothing will work!)
 */
$db_config = array(
	'user'          => 'demouser',     // your MySQL username
	'password'      => 'demopass',     // ...and password
	'name'          => 'b2evolution',  // the name of the database
	'host'          => 'localhost',    // MySQL Server (typically 'localhost')
);

If you don't know what they are then you'll need to ask your host for them. Update that file and re-upload it and all should be well.

¥

The page is running now but I'm still having problems accessing the pages from my browsers, internet explorer 7.1 and avant browser. Can someone check if they can access these pages from their browser? >:-<

http://www.isolatedexistence.com/cpanel/
www.isolatedexistence.com
http://isolatedexistence.com/admin.php?blog=5

9 Dec 10, 2008 20:21

¥åßßå wrote:

I see all 3 ;)

¥

Any idea as to what can be causing this? :-/

10 Dec 10, 2008 21:09

AOL? try downloading firefox and seeing if your world changes? ( if it does then that's a start ... if it doesn't then we're back to square one :p )

¥

11 Dec 14, 2008 00:56

¥åßßå wrote:

AOL? try downloading firefox and seeing if your world changes? ( if it does then that's a start ... if it doesn't then we're back to square one :p )

¥

I'm still having the same problem. I uninstalled the AOL software, installed firefox, uninstalled Avant Browser and nothing. Since it didn't work without the AOL software and just firefox I installed the AOL software again. I can only see it with the AOL software, something is blocking it on my PC but I don't know what it is! Ugh... >:-< :-/

12 Dec 14, 2008 09:14

I can see the blog in IE6 here, so my guess is that the problem is not directly IE related. I'd be tempted to check things like the proxy settings that IE and Avant are using.

Edit: Are IE and Avant allowing you to browse other sites?

13 Dec 16, 2008 19:15

Chris of Arabia wrote:

I can see the blog in IE6 here, so my guess is that the problem is not directly IE related. I'd be tempted to check things like the proxy settings that IE and Avant are using.

Edit: Are IE and Avant allowing you to browse other sites?

I wasn't able to see nbc.com either but I can see it with Firefox now but not with EI, Avant or AOL. Other than that I can see every other site except the pages I posted.

I use a cable modem and a router to connect. How do I check the proxy settings?

14 Dec 16, 2008 19:44

Your proxy settings are usually defined by your ISP as part of the set up when you first install & configure your modem/router. Regardless of which browser you are using, you expect them to be using exactly the same proxy settings. I don't know Avant at all, but the browsers you do have, you can find the settings:

Firefox - Tools | Options | Advanced | Settings

IE - Tools | Internet Options | Connections | LAN Settings | Advanced

I can't tell you how they ought to be set though. What I'd be tempted to do is look at the settings that are in the browser that's working for everything, copy what it's using as it's proxy setting, then replicate that into one of the non functioning browsers. After that, just select OK /Apply everything and try navigating to a site that doesn't normally work. You should [u]not[/u] have to re-boot or anything like that.

[CAUTIONARY NOTE] Before you change anything, make sure you have a note made of the existing settings in the browser you're changing, as you may want to re-apply them. You can't break anything doing this, but it potentially saves an embarrassing call to your ISP to explain what you did wrong.

15 Dec 20, 2008 09:13

Chris of Arabia wrote:

Your proxy settings are usually defined by your ISP as part of the set up when you first install & configure your modem/router. Regardless of which browser you are using, you expect them to be using exactly the same proxy settings. I don't know Avant at all, but the browsers you do have, you can find the settings:

Firefox - Tools | Options | Advanced | Settings

IE - Tools | Internet Options | Connections | LAN Settings | Advanced

I can't tell you how they ought to be set though. What I'd be tempted to do is look at the settings that are in the browser that's working for everything, copy what it's using as it's proxy setting, then replicate that into one of the non functioning browsers. After that, just select OK /Apply everything and try navigating to a site that doesn't normally work. You should [u]not[/u] have to re-boot or anything like that.

[CAUTIONARY NOTE] Before you change anything, make sure you have a note made of the existing settings in the browser you're changing, as you may want to re-apply them. You can't break anything doing this, but it potentially saves an embarrassing call to your ISP to explain what you did wrong.

I didn't have time to check the proxy settings but decided to check one more time to see if the problem was still there and it turned out it's working now. For some reason out of the blue it started working. I could see my blog with Firefox but the login page for my blog looked all out of place so I decided to install Avant again and it works fine with all 3 pages!! Thanks to everyone who replied :D :D

Form is loading...