Recent Topics

1 Dec 12, 2008 00:25    

Hi, the last 2 hours I was looking for a widget or something else to show some information like "blog hits, rss hits etc." in the sidebar.

All that I found are some code snippets for word count, posts count and s ..

Is there any way to show some information from the stats tab in the front end instead of the back end?

thx
Rene

2 Dec 12, 2008 01:17

Hi Rene,

Do you have a CPanel with your web hosting?

If so the hit counter should be somewhat easy. In your CPanel under Software and Services there should be a "CGI Center". Once you click it you should see a list of about eleven items. The fifth one down should be "Counter."

Click that and it will give you the setup screen for it and the clock. Make sure the Counter circle is checked. Scroll down past the clock stuff to "Please select a frame color." Look down about 6 more lines and you will see a link "(See Styles)," click that to see the options for the look of the counter. Choose one you like. If you expect to have a lot of traffic change the "Max Digits" setting so it can go above 99,000.

Finally, click the HTML button and the short line of coding will appear at the bottom. Just cut and paste this code where you want it to appear on the page.

If you don't like the look of any of those there are some other scripts and/or services that can be used.

As for your counter on your RSS feed. I recently found a site named FeedBurner.com . It is a great site, it's free, and it can show you how to do exactly what you want. You can channel multiple feeds into one, and add a neat looking subscription counter to the graphic.

Hope this helps.

Gene :-)

Form is loading...