Recent Topics

1 Jan 11, 2009 10:17    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I find it odd that one of the requirements to having a skin added (not that I want mine added) is that it must be valid XHTML, but no skin will validate unless you hack the core a bit (which I did). And the bundled themes are even worse with their invalidity.

Well, the problem with the search widget is that the <p> tag contains a <div>, but <p>s can only contain inline elements. You either need to add the </p> before the first <div> or replace it by something else.

Another problem I encountered when converting my WordPress theme over is when you include the WordPress-compatibility file, you get an error about bloginfo() being redeclared.

2 Jan 11, 2009 12:13

Last I looked all the core skins were valid ( barring the search form ) ?

I've fixed the search form and wp function in cvs, they should be in the 2.4.6 release

¥

3 Jan 19, 2009 00:43

¥åßßå wrote:

Last I looked all the core skins were valid ( barring the search form ) ?

OK, I tested them out and the following are valid:
* asevo
* custom
* evopress
*miami_blue
* natural_pink
* nifty_corners
* photoblog
* terrafirma
* vastitude

The following aren't:
* evocamp - 1 error
*glossyblue - 8 errors
* pixelgreen - 4 errors

(So, a quarter of them are invalid and I again have exaggerated.)

¥åßßå wrote:

I've fixed the search form and wp function in cvs, they should be in the 2.4.6 release

Yeah, it has been fixed in 2.4.6. But I wonder, did the core change to include the same bloginfo() function as WordPress? I kept it in my theme as-is and it worked exactly like the WordPress version did.

5 Jan 19, 2009 09:25

zooplah wrote:

But I wonder, did the core change to include the same bloginfo() function as WordPress? I kept it in my theme as-is and it worked exactly like the WordPress version did.

The core fix removed the duplicate function that was throwing the error.

I'll work on the skin validation as and when I get a chance ( again :-S )

¥

Form is loading...