Recent Topics

1 Jan 17, 2009 21:51    

So it goes like this: you have a blog and a forum. You want to get your latest and greatest forum threads displayed on your blog. So you install this plugin and that's what you get. Cool eh?

[url=http://ahga.org/index.php]See it in action here[/url], and [url=http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2009/01/17/forum-latest-plugin]download it here[/url].

2 Jan 31, 2009 10:18

I'm having issues finding "server path".

Let's say my sever is at GoDaddy.com and my website is doo.com
How would I write that in for the server path to forum?

Can you please give a detail example.
Like this: GoDaddy.com/doo.com/public_html/forums/config.php

Thank you

3 Jan 31, 2009 10:26

/home/username/public_html/forums/config.php

Of course I don't know all the details of your setup.

Good luck

6 Jan 31, 2009 14:18

oh crap yeah i forgot to say that here. phpbb2.last is what I wrote it to interface with, but it'll probably be backwards compatible on the phpbb2 side. I can't go to phpbb3 yet because my users totally love their "album mod" and nothing exists to cover that.

7 Feb 01, 2009 01:19

Thanks for the help. I will ask GoDaddy for the sever path. I will let you know how it turns out.

8 Feb 01, 2009 02:04

Ok I found the path. But now I get this error.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dominname/public_html/plugins/forumlatest_plugin/_forumlatest.plugin.php on line 176

9 Feb 01, 2009 02:40

Right after

174 $result = mysql_query($query);

add

pre_dump( $result );

and see if you can view that output. It may be in the page source if it isn't visible in the page itself.

I think the error is right before this point. That is it cannot connect to the database because either the path or the username/password is incorrect.

Good luck

10 Feb 01, 2009 03:01

oh yeah pre_dump. don't ever do it that way myself, but hey I guess it works.

hm! noticed a gross fail in the plugin while Afwas was answering. So an update is gonna happen ... but not till after resolution of this issue.

Can't be the username or password ... unless the phpbb forum itself doesn't work because it picks up that info from the "include_once" bit. hmmm... I feel like I bumped into this once before. Something about multiple database connections open at the same time?

So re2srlguy does your forum have posts? Just curious because if it doesn't then the result from the query will be empty, not that I know that would cause the error you're seeing. Personally I'm suspecting godaddy of being lame, but you never know!

11 Feb 01, 2009 05:02

$query = "SELECT * FROM phpbb_topics ORDER BY `topic_last_post_id` DESC LIMIT 0, $limit";

What if table prefix is not phpbb_ , just a guess...

12 Feb 01, 2009 05:07

Thanks for all the help guys. My sever is having issues right now and I will update you as soon as I can.

13 Feb 01, 2009 05:26

sam2kb wrote:

Cool,

we're looking for something like that

@EdB: You can make that a setting with 'phpbb_' or 'phpbb' as defaultvalue (if it is phpBB's defaultvalue)

14 Feb 01, 2009 05:29

sam2kb wrote:

$query = "SELECT * FROM phpbb_topics ORDER BY `topic_last_post_id` DESC LIMIT 0, $limit";

Wow there's a shot worth more than the total net value of the global economy! I have no idea if phpbb2 allows a reasonably convenient method of changing the prefix but I'll guess they do. I inherited a forum and found the hack that became the core of this plugin, so - honestly - everything I do there is smoke and mirrors.

I'm holding out hope that re2srlguy can help us find what works and that a solution can be found, but my money is still on "godaddy has crap servers backed up by commercials with big boobs". That is simply my opinion based on my experience trying to use them as both a registrar and a host. Your opinion may vary!

16 Feb 01, 2009 10:33

$query = "SELECT * FROM ".$table_prefix."_topics ORDER BY `topic_last_post_id` DESC LIMIT 0, $limit";

¥

17 Feb 01, 2009 10:36

Have some more coffee.
The query is for the phpBB table. You are not presumed to have access to $table_prefix.

--F

18 Feb 01, 2009 10:37

The $table_prefix is part of the config file that's already been included ;)

¥

19 Feb 01, 2009 10:44

Arch,
have some more coffee ... me

20 Feb 01, 2009 15:32

Thanks ¥åßßå. I'm going to go with that being the problem and fix it (and the other flaw I noticed) even if it doesn't fix re2srlguy's issue.

21 Feb 04, 2009 07:13

Wow, you guys are the best. This is the new error I get now.

bool(false)

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home2/domin/public_html/plugins/forumlatest_plugin/_forumlatest.plugin.php on line 177

From the Forums:more...

22 Feb 04, 2009 12:45

EdB wrote:

So re2srlguy does your forum have posts?

23 Feb 08, 2009 00:36

EdB wrote:

EdB wrote:

So re2srlguy does your forum have posts?

Yes, I have post. I still get the same error. As seen above in my previous post.

24 Feb 08, 2009 01:23

Okay cool. I figured as much but it is always best to make absolutely certain of some of the "obvious" stuff eh? The problem here for me is that I really have no clue. So I gotta start guessing at stuff and hoping a question triggers awareness of where the issue might be.

hmmm...

I'm at a total loss here. How about a link to your blog and your forum so some folk here can maybe poke around and see if we can guess at something good?

25 Feb 08, 2009 13:14

re2srlguy come on. A couple of days before getting an answer to a simple question isn't gonna work. I mean, how freakin' hard is it to pop in a link to your blog and your forums?

One more day before I update what I've got and give up on this problem. You seem to be the only one with it so it's something on your end, and I'll help, but I'm not gonna wait and wait and wait and wait for you.

26 Mar 08, 2009 05:56

I'm so sorry the new code did not work. I'm so sorry!

27 Mar 08, 2009 15:50

Okay now I'm mystified. But without being able to see this I'm also not worried.

28 Mar 12, 2009 23:43

EdB wrote:

Okay now I'm mystified. But without being able to see this I'm also not worried.

Here's is my website http://independentshowcase.com. The error I get is this :

resource(234) of type (mysql result)

From the Forums:test (0)Welcome to phpBB3 (1)more...

The "From the Forums:test (0)Welcome to phpBB3 (1)more..." is correct but the "resource(234) of type (mysql result) " is a display error. How can I get rid of this?

29 Jan 01, 2010 19:30

Anyone know where this went? I'd like to make (or find!) one for vBulletin and would love to see the source for this one.

Form is loading...