Recent Topics

1 Jan 18, 2009 05:42    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'm trying to move over from a site that I hand coded myself to b2evolution. I have an application which basically just draws information from a database and sorts it before displaying it. Its not very complicated but I'd like it to be a "page" in b2evolution without having to link to a separate one. OK - so I know that doesn't make sense, but I'll try to explain what I'd like. In the demo blog there are pages like "About Blog A", I would like to be able to put my PHP application onto a page like that.

Is there a halfway simple way to do this? I'm brand new to b2evolution and not quite up to the task of making my own plugin or whatever just yet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Jan 18, 2009 06:34

Normally, "pages" are just like posts except for how they are displayed. This means a page that does some php/mysql work is not gonna happen. OTOH I just did a hack that let me create a new situation for "disp=foo", which then let me craft up a page that called the database for page-specific content. If a hack sounds like something you would be willing to entertain then please let me know and I'll dig out the code for you. No promises though, as soon the grand jury will return it's findings and ... well ... I probably should have hired a lawyer :(

* wow I've been so pre-occupied with this whole "you will spend the rest of your life in jail" thing that I can't even remember the hack! Good thing I keep notes in my hacks eh?

3 Jan 18, 2009 21:21

Is there any chance that I could somehow modify it with dream weaver to make it work? I'm very skeptical of this, but a friend of mine suggested it.

4 Jan 19, 2009 00:21

um... modify what?

Basically I guess since dreamweaver is (more or less) a file editor then yeah you can use it to modify files. Just be careful that it doesn't add stuff 'behind the scenes' or try to fix what it thinks isn't right because (as far as I recall) DW likes to be a 'full web editor' and tries to do stuff that won't be correct for b2evolution. Configurable stuff in DW, so not everyone's DW will do that type of thing.

5 Jan 19, 2009 15:13

Create a page for it, note the id, then just hack _page.main.php and add a check for the id that you noted and include the page that way.

<?php
if( $Item->ID == the_id_you_noted )
{
  require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/my_groovy_page_with_everything_stripped_out_but_the_unique_html_generated.php';
}
?>

Note : free typed so if it melts your server then ... ahh well

¥

6 Jan 20, 2009 01:09

Wow mine was so much harder. I wonder what I did that didn't need to be did? Like, I hacked a core file ... but I don't know which one ... so I could have a shiny new disp all my own.

What kinda tard upgrades to get rid of hacks then hacks something that doesn't need to be hacked? MY KIND!

Form is loading...