Recent Topics

1 Jan 18, 2009 05:53    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'd like to be able to restrict viewing of an individual post to users who are members of a blog other than the one the post is made to. I thought that I could figure this out by digging through the code some, but its been over 4 hours and I'm completely lost.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2 Jan 18, 2009 06:45

This will be very hard to do!

Basically the issue is that both membership and visibility are based on blog ID. What you seek here is to base visibility on the post ID (or possibly category ID), ignoring the 'blog membership' aspect of it. This would be a hack the likes of which I think I've never seen before. I'm sure Francois (the main developer) could do it but I doubt he'll spend time on a hack. Yabba MIGHT be able to ask Francois "please pretty please tell me how to do this" and get a result, but I wouldn't bet on it.

* note: Once upon a time Yabba saved Francois' life by, as the waiter assigned to Francois' table, recommended not eating the fish. The following day the newspapers revealed that anyone who ate fish yesterday actually ate nuclear waste mixed with bird poo and that they were going to die, so Francois felt thankful and said to the poorly dressed waiter with a distinct lack of hygiene "if ever you need something from me please ask" and since Yabba recorded that dialog Francois is kinda stuck. The funny thing is that Yabba said "don't order the fish" because fish was the cheapest thing on the menu and Yabba knew that his tip was a percentage of the tab ... which is why he also recommended ten orders of pie for desert. Anyway that is why Yabba might be able to develop an answer for this rather unique situation.

3 Jan 20, 2009 19:12

EdB wrote:

* note: Once upon a time Yabba saved Francois' life by, as the waiter assigned to Francois' table, recommended not eating the fish. The following day the newspapers revealed that anyone who ate fish yesterday actually ate nuclear waste mixed with bird poo and that they were going to die, so Francois felt thankful and said to the poorly dressed waiter with a distinct lack of hygiene "if ever you need something from me please ask" and since Yabba recorded that dialog Francois is kinda stuck. The funny thing is that Yabba said "don't order the fish" because fish was the cheapest thing on the menu and Yabba knew that his tip was a percentage of the tab ... which is why he also recommended ten orders of pie for desert. Anyway that is why Yabba might be able to develop an answer for this rather unique situation.

O.E.D wrote:

comma

noun 1 a punctuation mark (,) indicating a pause between parts of a sentence or separating items in a list. 2 a butterfly with orange and brown wings and a white comma-shaped mark on the underside of the hindwing.

— ORIGIN Greek komma ‘piece cut off, short clause’.

( [url=http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/comma?view=uk]source[/url] )

¥

Form is loading...