Recent Topics

1 Feb 06, 2009 20:52    

Just received a comment on my blog asking whether I'm prepared to sell the domain name. Wouldn't have a clue where to start to be honest. Anyone done this before and can give me a few pointers? That's not to say it is actually for sale you understand, but thinking I should at least understand what my options are.

2 Feb 06, 2009 21:21

Ask them what it's worth to them, then tell them they're crazy because it is worth at least triple their lousy offer.

If they want it that bad ... and you don't mind selling, then treat it like a lawn mower or furniture set. Make a deal, get the money, transfer the 'property' which in this case means giving them ownership of the domain name.

And I guess make sure records are clear eh? Like, they're getting the name - not the content. They should worry the most as you give up nothing until you actually have the cash, but it makes sense to document "you will pay me one million US Dollars and I will transfer {{specific domain name}} to you after I receive the funds, and you do not get the content that I have at that domain, and you do not get access to the server the domain is hosted at".

3 Feb 06, 2009 21:23

Unless it seems like a scam. Then just ignore it.

I once had someone offer to buy my name because I had huge traffic for my collection of HG links. They were serious - they wanted the traffic my domain was getting. I told 'em to do a bad thing with a private part cuz to me my primary domain name is pretty much "me" in a way.

Now if someone wants one of the other names I happen to have ... CHA CHING!

4 Feb 07, 2009 12:20

Hi

I sold a domain quite recently and up until that point I had no idea how to go about it.

I looked about on the web and found that people look to the last 12 months revenue (provable by any records you have - receipts etc) for the value of the site. If your site doesn't make any money then I guess you will have to put a value on the name or traffic you get yourself. Thats not to say 12 months revenue is what I accepted for the site but there you go :-/ I also provided them with analytics from the site so they could see what they were buying into.

Once the price had be agreed we did a half now, half when everything was finished type deal and I drew up a 'contract' that we both signed. I paid for a cheap domain sale agreement template to get me started and filled in the gaps for the specifics of our domain and agreement (I agreed to make a few changes before the sale - removing specifics to our company etc). I would be more than happy to let you have a copy of the template if you go ahead with the sale.

Then it was just a mater of doing the work and transferring the domain and hosting over to them and cashing the cheques :D

Cheers
Lee

5 May 31, 2010 08:56

Hi, For your expected dream domain name ,you can approach this /*very crappy*/ site ,here only i got my one at very cheap rate,also there is no problem in my website,visit here for more details.All the best.

Form is loading...