Recent Topics

1 Feb 12, 2009 16:28    

This has long been something I've wanted to see happen and was hoping that version 3 would have this capability, but I installed the beta version and it doesn't seem to have it.

The blog by email setting is one universal setting that dumps everything into one category only.

I've searched and haven't found a plug-in that can instead set up a blog by email setting for each independent blog. So if you have multiple contributors, you can assign them different email addresses to send to, that would then post in their unique blogs - presumably you would identify which category within the blog.

From an admin perspective, that would mean the [blog by email] feature would move from the global into each blog's category settings. From a programming perspective, I have no idea how difficult or time-consuming this would be to program in...

2 Feb 12, 2009 16:46

It'd make more sense to make this part of the users profile, and then user/group settings for "can blog by email in this blog" ... you could then use 3.0 default category as the destination

¥

3 Feb 12, 2009 17:08

Thanks for the quick reply.

Okay, so making the blog by email as part of a user setting rather than a blog setting is fine, makes sense. But then you're still limited to having different users posting to the same default category as specific in the global settings rather than blog-specific settings, correct?

What I envision is that user A can blog by email that posts to Category X in Blog A; user B can blog by email that posts to Category Y in Blog B, etc.

4 Feb 12, 2009 18:07

In 3.0 every blog has it's own default category. So it'd be User A can post in Blog foo's default category of bar. User A can post in blog Hello's default category of World ... etc

¥

5 Feb 12, 2009 19:35

Okay, that would accomplish it - I don't see where the default category for each blog is in the admin panel, but will assume it's so obvious I'm missing it.

Most importantly, it's not clear from your posts whether user settings for "blog by email" currently exist (I can't find that anywhere), or that this would have to be coded in.

If the latter, I guess this is now me formally putting this in as a feature request ;-)

Form is loading...