Recent Topics

1 Mar 03, 2009 21:17    

I have been searching for something like the wordpress link love deal for B2.

Don't know if there is something similar with a different name. Normally i can find what im looking for and hate to bother you.

Brad West ~ onomoney

2 Mar 25, 2009 03:40

Hey guess what. I have no clue what the wordpress link love is. Maybe only a few folk here do? Cuz that'd be, you know, like being all hip on the latest facebook gizmos... :roll:

So give a hint about functionality, please. Might be something, and maybe not, and if not maybe it might be interesting to someone to do is the thing.

3 Mar 26, 2009 16:18

Can you provide a link to explain what exactlly link love is?

4 Mar 26, 2009 18:02

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is what that plugin does:

In the Comment form, a commenter types in his/her blog URL in the Site field.

The plugin then visits the said URL and will extract via the site's XML Feed the latest post.

Then puts the title of the latest post (as an active link) together before or after the comment itself. So they call it "link-love".

Now as to the "nofollow", if I'm not mistaken, it is a nofollow link. The intention was, other readers can visit the commenter's latest post if they find it interesting. Wasn't made for bots to follow the links.

At least that's what I've seen in other blogs that used to use the built-in WP comments form :p I haven't seen it lately, since many are now using DISQUS and IntenseDebate (ID is automattic's very own).

5 Mar 26, 2009 18:52

Ah okay that explains something I've noticed on a blog or two. Pretty slick idea. Perhaps I'll play with it, but only for v246.

6 Apr 04, 2009 19:20

Just starting thinking about this because I'm almost done overhauling all my plugins and figured I might as well fall behind again :)

"Link love" plugin seems to be something that removes nofollow if the commenter meets certain criteria such as number of comments and not a long name (due to spammers using the name field to further push their message). So now I'm searching for the WP plugin that picks up the last blog comment made by a commenter. Because that to me is kinda cool.

Actually having control over the nofollow stuff is also quite cool so maybe I should push myself further behind my curve by trying to do two things I've no idea how to do at the same time?

7 Apr 11, 2009 12:59

Hello EdB,
many of the blogs that I post comments on are now using CommentLuv I am not sure if it is the same as the link love.

I do like the idea of having such a plug in because it seems to keep some people from using keywords in the Name area of the comment section and it also gives the other readers a glance at a post title of the commenter.

Thanks,
Sheryl

8 Apr 11, 2009 16:58

Can you provide a link to where I can read about this commentluv plugin please?

9 Apr 12, 2009 03:18

[url=http://www.commentluv.com/]CommentLuv[/url]

They seem to currently support Blogger, WP, TypePad.

I do know that blogs that use this plug in will pick up my last post permalink and title. But, only if you are a member registered with their site can you choose to have a different title and link displayed.

I know nothing about plug ins or how they work so, it may not even be an option. I leave all this complicated stuff for you guys to figure out & tell me if it works or is safe.

Sheryl

ps. You guys really do a great job. Thank you! <- Yes, I am butt kissing! ;)

10 Apr 13, 2009 04:16

Sorry guys,

I hadn't come back to respond on this thread soon enough. But I did get the big dog to register finally.

Sheryl is the actual owner of Sheryl Loch .com, I just try to do what I'm told, and occasionally blow the site up for her. LOL

As you see even I was confused as to what I was asking about.

Thanks for tolerating us.
Brad West ~ onomoney

A little Off topic ~ just installed 3.1.0 on the dog blog, very smooth operation, very cool upgrade. Thanks for all your efforts.

11 Apr 13, 2009 05:19

Wait a minute... what were you talking about? I mean, you kinda didn't explain that part.

No worries. I'm busy making a plugin that'll make all other plugins be ... well ... be plugins I guess. This'll just be one more ;)

12 Apr 13, 2009 13:59

well I'm glad I got the read head over here to enjoy the birth of the plugin of all plugins that is just another plugin.

This should be enjoyed and witnessed by many.

Thanks Edb
Brad West

13 Apr 28, 2009 19:57

OK it looks like the thread here has gotten some love,

As always EdB has come through with a plug-in that is much more superior to any or our expectations.

Link Love from WP had and I believe to this day still has some unresolved issues.

Post Snap is the B2 version
so far is working fantastic. It has grabbed the proper links, and you can really personalize ti to fit your needs in the Admin panel.

Thank You EdB for a plugging that exceeds all expectations.
You can download Post Snap here at: [url=http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2009/04/18/post-snap]hackblog@wonderwinds[/url]

Thanks again for such a quality product as B2 Evolution
Brad West ~ onomoney

14 Apr 28, 2009 20:07

Could I possibly ask you two to get a room?

¥

15 Apr 28, 2009 21:31

Just showing the Love there Blondy.
Are you Jealous that you weren't invited?
So OK I'll extend an invitation to you also.

I do see that you were with honorable mention on EdB's [url=http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2009/04/18/post-snap]hackblog@wonderwinds[/url]

Once again this plugin was cloned from one of [url=http://waffleson.co.uk/]¥åßßå'š creations[/url], along with [url=http://simplepie.org/]SimplePie[/url]

I have also posted and pinged a post on [url=http://theinternetmarketersguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=440&start=0]The Internet Marketers Guild[/url] 91 pings is a start.

The plugin is installed as is right now on our blogs, Sheryl And Cait can tweak them when they wake up from their naps.

There are way too many people in the world that don't show their appreciation for others.
You may have run into the freaks of nature here, that is for you to decide.

Brad West ~ onomoney

16 Apr 29, 2009 01:14

¥åßßå wrote:

Could I possibly ask you two to get a room?

¥

Yes, you can ask. You can also ask Santa Claus to get you a pony. Good luck with that one too...

Hey dig this. I have a little download counter thing cuz I'm curious about what "sells" ya know? Anyway the "autoforum" thing that puts a phpbb2 forum post when you blog is hands-down the single most popular plugin I wrote. Or at least it is the most downloaded. It currently has three times the downloads of the #2 plugin. When I finished postsnap (or is it snappost and why can't I remember it's name?) I thought 'wow this is pretty slick' so I kinda expected it to move up the charts. Nothing. Barely getting close to the mid-point of the list. :roll:

And hey I'm glad you like it and thanks for the compliments! Generally speaking, I try to write a plugin because I actually want it OR it feels like something fun to try to do.

Oh and yeah most cool stuff has a credit to ¥åßßå in it somewhere. Or should. Heck one day I should try to write a plugin that *isn't* inspired or improved by something ¥åßßå wrote somewhere...

17 Apr 29, 2009 12:55

Thank You Ed & ¥åßßå!

Cait & I are very glad to have the new Snap Post Plug In!
In fact even our dogs were excited when they found out they also got the new plug in on their blog. One was so ecstatic that she couldn't contain herself and pee'd on the floor! Ok, maybe it was because I forgot to take her out but, I'm sure the plug in excitement did play a part.

I am trying to write a post to 'show off' your great work. I want to make sure all the guys that question my blog script see that their WP scripts are not all that! ;)

Next time you all come to Vegas give us a yell, we owe you a 99cent breakfast!

Thank you again,
Sheryl

18 Apr 29, 2009 15:36

BradWest wrote:

You may have run into the freaks of nature here, that is for you to decide.

I only need look in a mirror to do that ;)

EdB wrote:

You can also ask Santa Claus to get you a pony. Good luck with that one too...

Heck one day I should try to write a plugin that *isn't* inspired or improved by something ¥åßßå wrote somewhere...

More chance of me getting a pony huh? :D

SLoch wrote:

Next time you all come to Vegas give us a yell, we owe you a 99cent breakfast!

Before I rush out and buy a plane ticket ... that is "each" right? ... not that I mind sharing with EdB you understand ;)

¥

19 Apr 29, 2009 22:34

¥åßßå,
I know we all hear how the economy is bad but, I am a big spender! Nothing will stop me from splurging on you & Ed! So yes, you can each have your own 99 cent breakfast!

Yeah, that's just how I roll!

Sheryl

Disclaimer: Drinks with breakfast are extra and may/may not be included with this offer. Offer is subject to change at any time. For all restrictions; please read the small print, that is only in my head, for more details.

:lol:

20 Apr 29, 2009 23:00

/me skim reads contract and signs on the dotted line, breakfast for two ( subject to change ) it is ( or may not be, depending on the changes that may or may not happen after the ink has dried ) .... so, EdB, the drinks are on you I guess? .... good job you have that 50% "I abstain thank you" voucher huh? :D

¥

21 Apr 30, 2009 00:13

SLoch wrote:

Disclaimer: Drinks with breakfast are extra and may/may not be included with this offer. Offer is subject to change at any time. For all restrictions; please read the small print, that is only in my head, for more details.

:lol:

So ... uh ... I gotta take a road trip to Vegas (NV or NM?), figure out which of all the peeps is you, crack your skull open when you're not looking, read stuff that's probably gonna hurt my eyes cuz fine print does that), walk away, wait a day, knock on your door and be all "I JUST got here and would love a rather fine breakfast"?

COOL!

I'm thinking of something snappost needs. Like, if it is a comment from a registered member it needs to be able to grab the latest post because a registered member MIGHT be from a different domain. So it also needs to see if the admin wants 'same domain' recent posts linked ... unless the author of the comment is the author of the post. Time though. Time is always the enemy of plugins.

@¥åßßå: had me a great idea for a plugin that isn't a knockoff of something you wrote (other than fix another core plugin ;) ): a mashup of something you wrote and sam2kb wrote :D Skill though. Skill is always the enemy of plugins. And flying weather. Friday is flying weather, and flying weather is always a friend of letting the keyboard have a day off :lol:

22 May 01, 2009 00:05

Wow, Now I feel bad. Guess I'll spurge for coffee also. And Ed is probably bigger than me so, I'm a little afraid.

It is Las Vegas, Nevada.

Ed, thank you for leaving the comment on my blog with the correct info. Seems I should have played with the plug in a bit more before I posted. I have made the Edit to my post so, other will know what the plug in does.

This is a great plug and I am sure that others will want it as soon as they find out it is available.

23 May 01, 2009 01:29

SLoch wrote:

... It is Las Vegas, Nevada. ...

Most folk probably figure that eh?

I lived in NM for a while. Las Vegas NM Chamber of Commerce had a billboard along the highway that said something like "Visit Las Vegas - 4 restaurants, 38 hotel rooms, and ONE mansion". Allegedly somebody with way more money than brains found cheap real estate in Las Vegas and didn't bother to notice the fine print so had a mansion built before ever actually visiting the property. DOH!

Form is loading...