Recent Topics

1 Mar 07, 2009 06:08    

This plugin allows you to create posts from XML feeds. It works with all types of RSS, Atom, RDF and some other feeds.

Install the plugin, go to Tools > Feed Importer, select categories you want to import the feed in, and click "Import".

[url=http://www.sonorth.com/travel/htsrv/call_plugin.php?plugin_ID=23&method=download&file=2PM81B111D]Feed Importer Free v0.2[/url] (discontinued)

[url=http://ru.b2evo.net/show.php/feed-importer-pro-plugin?page=2]Feed Importer Pro v1.9[/url]

[url=http://demo.sonorth.com/admin.php?ctrl=tools&tab=plug_ID_14&login=admin&pwd=demopass]DEMO[/url]

Requires b2evolution version 2.0 or higher

Pro Features:

* Import XML feeds such as RSS, RSS2, Atom and others using SimplePie parser
* Import/Export b2evolution posts including all properties, custom fields, comments and trackbacks
* Import/Export post slugs (short URLs) in b2evolution 4
* Import formats: B2E, CSV, XML feeds (RSS, ATOM, RDF and other)
* Export formats: B2E, CSV, XML, JSON
* Move posts between blogs, merge several blogs into one
* Scheduled import. Automatically checks feeds for new entries and creates new posts
* Multiuser interface. Access to Import and Export features according to user/group permissions
* Option to skip existing posts importing only new/missing ones
* Option to create published or draft posts
* Option to limit the number of imported posts
* Optional link back to the original post
* Custom header and footer for each imported post
* Imported feeds get saved for future use
* XML feeds manager allows you to view/enable/disable or delete saved feeds
* Imported posts get validated, misplaced tags get fixed based on group settings
* Requires b2evolution version 2.0 of or higher.

3 Mar 11, 2009 03:26

Plugin updated, now works in b2evo 3.x

You don't have to update it if you use b2evo 2.x

4 Mar 14, 2009 02:02

@sam2kb
It would be nice to be able to add a Title/Heading to a feed page via the Plugin settings.
I added one via a hack of the blog's "Long Description:"
EG: <h2 class="bTitle">B2evolution News Feed</h2>

5 Mar 14, 2009 04:45

Wow, awesome, it's the most requested plugin :p Great job there (and thanks for updating it to v3 :p )

Going to play with it hehe... (content gallore lol)

Btw, I'd like to take this time to ask, will it read and post the content/feed license? If not, any chance of adding that feature?

6 Mar 14, 2009 08:11

John wrote:

It would be nice to be able to add a Title/Heading to a feed page via the Plugin settings.

Technically there is no [u]feed page[/u], there are only blogs and categories. The plugin creates new posts in existing categories, it can't change anything but posts. So if you'd like to add a header or a footer to each post I can make this feature, but editing the blog title is outside of the plugin's scope.

Laibcoms wrote:

will it read and post the content/feed license?

It can get lots of info from feeds (maybe even the license), but where do you want to display it? Again, it's only possible to create posts, feeds don't have enough info to create blogs or categories. So if you want to display this license info above or below the each imported post, I'll make this feature.

Thank you guys for testing. BTW there is a new version available in SVN which can import/export b2evo posts, so feel free to play with it ( on non-production blog :) )

The differences between Feed and b2evo import are as follows:
- excerpts
- post type (page, link etc.)
- link to url
- tags
- correct post locale
- visibility status
- comments (open, closed etc.)
- views

Basically it'll create the exact copy of the original post except it won't keep any user-related info and a list of renderers.

So if you ever decided to merge blogs you'd love this feature :)

7 Mar 14, 2009 17:40

sam2kb wrote:

It can get lots of info from feeds (maybe even the license), but where do you want to display it? Again, it's only possible to create posts, feeds don't have enough info to create blogs or categories. So if you want to display this license info above or below the each imported post, I'll make this feature.

For the license, the end part of the post should be fine. Say the feed-post it posted is "CC By-SA 3.0 Unported", then it'll show just that. If it's an active link, then maybe an active link also. Basically, whatever license the feed provided or the post provided... so if it says something like "ABCDE" then I guess that's the license "ABCDE" (whatever kind of license is that).

So at least, we won't have an issue from the original authors, specially the Creative Commons licensed content/feed/posts.

For the categories, since not all feeds actually send categories (I only know Blogger/BlogSpot feeds that puts the categories/labels correctly in their feeds), the best way will be the ability to put a particular feed to a particular b2evo-blog category.

So say I'm feed-posting the posts of Mozilla-QA Team, the posts will be under my Mozilla-QA Category.

^_^

Haven't tested yet :p watched Race to Witch Mountain yesterday Saturday :p Then Sunday today here, family day. Will do later this evening or tomorrow Monday.

8 Mar 14, 2009 17:44

the best way will be the ability to put a particular feed to a particular b2evo-blog category.

So say I'm feed-posting the posts of Mozilla-QA Team, the posts will be under my Mozilla-QA Category.

This is how it works now ;). You can only post in existing categories.

9 Mar 18, 2009 14:47

Hmm... I'm testing it for v3.1-alpha, so my suggestions below may not be applicable (so please do tell).

Suggestions:
- A link back to the original article
- A list of feeds currently active
- And a way to enable/disable each feed
- Ability to add tags perhaps?
- Ability to set how far back the initial activation will "post" (I haven't tested what will happen if I re-submit the same feed)

The CCL suggestion earlier can come later hehe ;)

10 Mar 19, 2009 01:14

- A link back to the original article
- A list of feeds currently active
- And a way to enable/disable each feed

Good ideas :)

It already creates tags from post categories (checked on b2evo and wordpress feeds)

- Ability to set how far back the initial activation will "post" (I haven't tested what will happen if I re-submit the same feed)

Do you mean an option to limit the number of imported items?
The plugin won't add the post if an item with the same date and title is already posted by the same author.

11 Mar 19, 2009 05:55

sam2kb wrote:

It already creates tags from post categories (checked on b2evo and wordpress feeds)

Hmm.. you mean if there's a "tag/category" available based on the Feed itself?

What I mean then, is a way to set a tag to the post created when the feed is imported, similar to how we choose a category for the imported posts.

For example:
Feed A - I set to be posted under Category "Linux"
Feed A - I also set it to have the tag "Debian" and "Ubuntu"

Or I'm missing something? Hmm, will try under v2.x hehe. ^_^

sam2kb wrote:

Do you mean an option to limit the number of imported items?
The plugin won't add the post if an item with the same date and title is already posted by the same author.

For the first part, a way to tell to for example, import feeds starting from 2 days ago. This way, if a feed provides up to 2 months ago (that will be a lot of items to import), I can just limit it to start from 2 days ago.

Or maybe instead of "days", "Import X number of feeds". Basically, only for the initial import.

For the ( ) part, cool. ^_^ I just haven't tested re-importing the same feed :p

12 Apr 01, 2009 21:21

There appears to be a 60 character limit in the URL text box. Is that a hard limit or is there a way to increase that so I can enter a longer URL?

13 Apr 01, 2009 22:22

i totally missed this one, i see this for the first time

this looks like exactly what i need.. i was trying to make ¥åßßå's rss reader so that it could make new post with rss feed..

However it stops working when a special character gets involved..

14 Apr 02, 2009 04:00

Kynlore wrote:

There appears to be a 60 character limit in the URL text box. Is that a hard limit or is there a way to increase that so I can enter a longer URL?

New version is in progress... for now you can try http://tinyurl.com/

15 Apr 02, 2009 04:02

tilqicom wrote:

However it stops working when a special character gets involved..

Are you talking about your plugin? I think this one should work good :)

16 Apr 02, 2009 04:22

The problem exists for both your plugin and ¥åßßå's plugin.. so i assume, it might be a problem related with me, but there's a slight chance both your plugins are troubled :P

here is a screenshot to envisage the problem:

http://i42.tinypic.com/20px5d1.jpg

Legend:

Purple: ¥åßßå's plugin..

Red: sam2kb's plugin

Green: Special characters that stops displaying..

Blue: An appropiate example that is properly displayed when a special character didnt get involved..

left side is my blog right side is the original feed

18 Apr 02, 2009 06:26

sam2kb wrote:

http://ru.b2evo.net/demo/blogs/blog1.php/fun/in-real-life/music/ ;)

lol .. nice one.. that proves i am doing sth wrong, but does not help further..

i have succeded with it as far as you did...

however ie. in your blog : http://ru.b2evo.net/demo/blogs/blog1.php/2009/04/01/kuertce-soeyledieime-hala-inanamyyorum

the content is displayed:

"Rojin ismi yüzünden kaçak gezdiðini, dayak yediðini, tutuklandýðýný ve çok zor günler yaþadýðýný itiraf eden þarkýcý, TRT Þeþ ile birlikte tabularýn yýkýldýðýný da söyledi."

where it should have been:

"Rojin ismi yüzünden kaçak gezdiğini, dayak yediğini, tutuklandğını ......etc.."

which means, (ğ)'s are still converted to (ð)'s, (ı)'s are converted to (ý)'s etc..... this may be a formatting.php issue again ?

can it be somehow related to this ?:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=74938#74938

there are 12 special characters in Turkish alphabet and 6 of them were included i just added following lines for the rest not included..

'Þ' => 'Ş',
'Ý' => 'İ',
'ý' => 'ı',
'ð' => 'ğ',
'þ' => 'ş',
'Ð' => 'Ğ'

19 Apr 02, 2009 07:14

You should post it in bugs section with description and links before the stable b2evo 3.x released

20 Apr 02, 2009 18:31

any suggestions for a solution ?

btw:

- automatically check feeds for new entries and create new posts

that would be great

21 Apr 03, 2009 03:29

You already found a workaround. Use your formatting.php hack and try to convince devs to include your hack in next release :)

22 Apr 03, 2009 23:24

i have tried also on whissip.. and the same problem persisted..

Turkish characters are displayed correct when writing a [url=http://www.whissip.tilqi.com/blog1.php/2009/04/04/testing-turkish-characters]post[/url] manually.

However, the post stops as soon as a special character interferes again.

Example link:

http://www.whissip.tilqi.com/blog1.php/2009/04/03/-45

The title's supposed to be

"Zam yapan otomotivciye soruşturma"

Whereas it's currently:

"Zam yapan otomotivciye soru"

it stops when the "ş" got involved..

so what is your diagnosis?.. the manually created posts are fine but the feeds are not, both for your plugin and ¥åßßå's

24 Apr 04, 2009 07:17

sam2kb wrote:

Short answer: blame the smplepie script http://simplepie.org/demo/?feed=http%3A%2F%2Fsondakika.haber7.com%2Fsondakika.rss

Alternatively I can preg_replace those special characters for you :), but what if in another language those characters are valid and will be replaced with Turkish (invalid) ones

there's totally sth wrong, are you sure it's the simple pie ? if so, i will just stop fiddling with evo settings, i am already lost in charset, unicode, iso, encoding etc words..

if preg_replace would be the solution i would love to use it, and wouldnt care about other languages, do you believe you could work out sth for me ? i d be glad to help if i can.. like giving html entities for Turkish characters or anything else etc..thanks in advance, that would be great if i could solve this one

25 Apr 04, 2009 07:45

Did you check the link above? It displays wrong special characters, so the problem is not in b2evo, but in simplepie script.

I'll add an option for Turkish users ;)

26 Apr 04, 2009 08:59

sam2kb wrote:

Did you check the link above? It displays wrong special characters, so the problem is not in b2evo, but in simplepie script.

I'll add an option for Turkish users ;)

allrighht B) ! i'd really appreciate if you could sort this one out

27 Apr 05, 2009 08:33

@tilqicom
Can you please check if svn version works fine with Turkish?

31 Apr 06, 2009 11:11

type in the rss url select cat press import and nothing happens

Fixed, now it displays a nice error message ;)

I found another weird bug, in b2evo 2.x the plugin works great, but in 3.x it truncates words as you mentioned above. Do you have a chance to try it in 2.x with Turkish feed (use edited plugin from your 3.x blog)

32 Apr 06, 2009 11:40

All done.
The problem was in wrong charset, in b2evo 3.x only 2 locales provided by default and they both use charset iso-8859-1 even if you selected utf-8 in conf/_locales.php.

The plugin now uses $evo_charset (which may be utf-8) instead of $current_charset (which is always iso-8859-1 unless you changed it in regional settings or install another locale)

33 Apr 06, 2009 11:52

sam2kb wrote:

type in the rss url select cat press import and nothing happens

Fixed, now it displays a nice error message ;)

LOL.. nice (:

sam2kb wrote:

I found another weird bug, in b2evo 2.x the plugin works great, but in 3.x it truncates words as you mentioned above. Do you have a chance to try it in 2.x with Turkish feed (use edited plugin from your 3.x blog)

Have tried it on [url=http://www.tilqi.com/blog3.php]a 2.4.6 install[/url] and it works almost perfect with the edited one from my 3.x blog.. now that's something ;)

it might be that install that truncates, i have kinda played with it when it didnt turn out the way we thought at first place..happy to see we are having a progress here

Gonna try it with a fresh proper 3.x install in the evening.. thanks in advance..

34 Apr 07, 2009 00:09

update: wow, it seems it's now working with my pre-existing 3.1 blog.. have you changed anything yet ? i mean since the time you told it was working for 2.x but not 3.x ?

thanks either way though, it seems amazing..

remaining questions, ordered by priority-to me ofc- :

*When do you think you can enable the automatic check of rss feed for new posts ? And once you do it, it ll automatically import the new post immediately right ?
-i remember seeing sth like 15 mins in plugin.php does it have to do anything with this ?-

*Does it post backwards ? I mean for say i have imported an rss feed at 6th of April will it import the feed before the 6th of april ? or is it able to do it ?

*Is the publish time of a post is the publish time of the original post ? or by the time i publish/import the post ? - it seems it's the original time ?-

*Some publishers have limitations on their rss feeds- just like in b2- they limit the feed to a few lines not the entire content.. is there a way to override it ?

35 Apr 07, 2009 00:19

tilqicom wrote:

update: wow, it seems it's now working with my pre-existing 3.1 blog.. have you changed anything yet ? i mean since the time you told it was working for 2.x but not 3.x ?

I fixed it yesterday, see above http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?p=90052#90052

When do you think you can enable the automatic check of rss feed for new posts ? And once you do it, it ll automatically import the new post immediately right ?

Some day :), this option will take a lot of time to code, I will probably release the current version first.

-i remember seeing sth like 15 mins in plugin.php does it have to do anything with this ?-

Don't know about it.

*Does it post backwards ? I mean for say i have imported an rss feed at 6th of April will it import the feed before the 6th of april ? or is it able to do it ?

*Is the publish time of a post is the publish time of the original post ? or by the time i publish/import the post ? - it seems it's the original time ?-

Yes. If the date is available (RSS-2 and Atom) it will be used. When importing RSS-0.9 and RSS-1 the current time is used.

*Some publishers have limitations on their rss feeds- just like in b2- they limit the feed to a few lines not the entire content.. is there a way to override it ?

No. But if you own a blog you can use b2evo import/export feature

36 Apr 07, 2009 02:57

sam2kb wrote:

tilqicom wrote:

I fixed it yesterday, see above http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?p=90052#90052

but you said it was OK for 2.x and not for 3.x, i am saying that it is now working in 3.x too

When do you think you can enable the automatic check of rss feed for new posts ? And once you do it, it ll automatically import the new post immediately right ?

sam2kb wrote:

Some day :), this option will take a lot of time to code, I will probably release the current version first.

Aah i see.. i ll just get started without it than, hoping it wouldnt be a pain to update it later

sam2kb wrote:

Don't know about it.

aah ok it was : set_time_limit( 900 ); // 15 minutes.. dunno what it stands for though

Yes. If the date is available (RSS-2 and Atom) it will be used. When importing RSS-0.9 and RSS-1 the current time is used.

No. But if you own a blog you can use b2evo import/export feature[/quote]

thank you for the info.. what does import/export a blog does exactly ? is it for kinda backup/restore thing ?

And finally, if i install the plugin now, and import a feed from x.rss, will it keep checking that x.rss feed and posting when a new post available regularly , or do i have to update and import posts manually ?

37 Apr 07, 2009 03:55

XML Feed import works very good right now.
I'm going to finish the b2evo to b2evo import/export feature and text file import.

When you export a blog you actually export all items from it. No blog or category settings are exported. It's useful when you want to merge blogs or move your existing posts to another install.
For backup/restore you still have to dump the database.

The differences between Feed and b2evo import are as follows:
- excerpts
- post type (page, link etc.)
- link to url
- tags
- correct post locale
- visibility status
- comments (open, closed etc.)
- views

Basically it'll create the exact copy of the original post except it won't keep any user-related info and a list of renderers.

38 Apr 08, 2009 04:13

btw.. would you care to fix ¥åßßå's feed reader too, if it's not a long procedure.. as it's also using simplepie script

39 Apr 08, 2009 04:51

tilqicom wrote:

btw.. would you care to fix ¥åßßå's feed reader too, if it's not a long procedure.. as it's also using simplepie script

I will if he doesn't mind :)

40 Apr 08, 2009 05:32

sam2kb wrote:

tilqicom wrote:

I will if he doesn't mind :)

I dont think he wouldnt mind anything that he is supposed to do but done by someone else P:

41 Apr 08, 2009 06:22

This is what AM RSS Reader displays in my test blog

Kılıçdaroğlu'ndan 'değişim şart' raporu ( 2009-04-08 )

I didn't even touch it, and it seems to work fine

42 Apr 09, 2009 21:30

sam2kb wrote:

This is what AM RSS Reader displays in my test blog

Kılıçdaroğlu'ndan 'değişim şart' raporu ( 2009-04-08 )

I didn't even touch it, and it seems to work fine

I followed the instructions exactly [url=http://shininghappypeople.net/deljr/b2e-russian-english.html]here[/url]

there might be a slight problem that you said there , there was 4 fields to edit YOUR values, but i found two of them, can you define which particular values they are and what does this script does anyways ?
could you pass a link to that working test page.. and what do you think i did wrong or what might have gone wrong ?
you can check my latest clean install [url=http://www.tilqi.com/test3/blog1.php]here[/url].. The manually written posts are well as always but the am rss reader is not displaying right, check it on the sidebar

44 Apr 13, 2009 03:19

right.. it seems everything is ok now, thanks... just waiting for the updates now.. linkback to the original article and auto update would be great

45 Apr 25, 2009 20:05

any updates yet ? :roll:

46 Apr 25, 2009 20:20

A lot of updates: CSV file import, *.b2e file import/export, scheduled feed import using cron jobs, recently used feeds in import tab, and more

Still working on it... be patient :)

47 Jul 02, 2009 05:11

I have installed version 0.3 on b2evo 2.4.7 and got this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_url_path() on a non-object in /home/davidzim/public_html/inc/items/model/_itemlight.class.php on line 213

this line reads:

case 'chapters':
				$permalink = url_add_tail( $blogurl, '/'.$this->main_Chapter->get_url_path().$urltail );
				break;

but the thing is, it still posts the first (latest) item in the feed. It doesn't cycle through any of the others, I think this error must break the loop.

Any ideas?

ALSO-
I work a lot with parsing RSS/Atom feeds with PHP and have used simplepie before. Can I help?[/code]

48 Jul 02, 2009 17:53

Change lines 359-365 to this

// Check if post already exists in our DB
if( $check_existance && ($skip_ID = $this->post_exists($item)) )
{
	$this->msg( sprintf( $this->T_('The post %s already exists in DB, skipping...'), '#'.$skip_ID ), 'note' );
	continue;
}

I already forgot that I have half-done version 0.3 in CVS :). I completely recoded this plugin and added new features a moth ago, but don't have time to finish it.

49 Jul 03, 2009 04:01

sorry. that didn't work. I even tried re-installing the plugin.

I thought that would do it. Thanks for the try.

50 Jul 03, 2009 07:09

Well, 0.3 is a development version. Do you have the same problem with 0.2 ?

51 Jul 03, 2009 17:07

no- 0.2 didn't work.

I ran it again today and now it's added the second most-recent item in the feed. If I run it one time after the next it won't do this. It's like I have to wait a day or something.

So here's how it looks: it enters the most recent item from the feed but then throws an error that stops looping through the feed items.

just a sec.. let me try to just get 1 item from the feed and see what happens...

weird.

when I post it directly (rather than send to draft) with one item it posts it without error

when I post it directly (not draft) with 10 items it posts the first item and then throws the error. even though I have selected the checkbox- to not import duplicates- it still posts the first item (appending "-1" to the end of the permalink= standard b2e)

when I send it to draft (rather than posting it directly) it throws the error no matter how many posts

whether or not I select the checkbox- post only new items- doesn't affect this.

52 Jul 03, 2009 18:10

Can you give a link to the feed you're importing?

Also try the following in v0.3 , change

$this->msg( $this->T_('New post created:').' <a href="'.$edited_Item->get_permanent_url().'" target="_blank">#'.$ID.'</a>', 'success' );

to

$this->msg( $this->T_('New post created:').' #'.$ID, 'success' );

Thanks for debugging the plugin ;)

53 Jul 04, 2009 07:34

EUREKA! it works!

It did throw these messages...

* The post #971 already exists in DB, skipping...
* The post #972 already exists in DB, skipping...
* The post #973 already exists in DB, skipping...
* The post #974 already exists in DB, skipping...
* The post #974 already exists in DB, skipping...
* The post #975 already exists in DB, skipping...

* New post created: #970
* New post created: #971
* New post created: #972
* New post created: #973
* New post created: #974
* New post created: #975

looks to me like it might be starting over at the first post's number each time it loops through the feeds.

I was able to import my delicious bookmarks AND my flickr photos directly into my b2evo installation. The flickr feed even posted the description I had written.

If you visit my blog you won't see it now- I imported them as drafts so I can clean them up a bit.

THANKS.

The manual entry isn't so bad but it would be nice for it to remember previous feeds that were imported. It would seem to me that keeping track of feeds would be a next-step towards automating them anyway. Can I put my skills to work and help you with this?

54 Jul 04, 2009 07:41

The manual entry isn't so bad but it would be nice for it to remember previous feeds that were imported. It would seem to me that keeping track of feeds would be a next-step towards automating them anyway. Can I put my skills to work and help you with this?

This is already done, I haven't upload the current version yet. If you can write a good Readme for this plugin in native English I would really appreciate it.

So what did you do to get it working? Or did you just replace the code in my last post?

55 Jul 04, 2009 07:47

I made the two simple chnages you mentioned in the last couple posts. the first one didn't seem to do anything to help but I kept it in along with the second change and it worked just fine.

56 Jul 13, 2009 23:46

great job, this is exactly what I was looking for too... excellent !!

please keep on the good work !

Matt

57 Jul 21, 2009 22:09

Heads up: I was trying to use a feed url that seems to be longer than allowed. The result is an error claiming there is no feed found. Is there a way around that?

58 Jul 21, 2009 23:07

mostmodernist_jenny wrote:

Heads up: I was trying to use a feed url that seems to be longer than allowed. The result is an error claiming there is no feed found. Is there a way around that?

Edit the line 109 in _feed_importer.plugin.php

$Form->text_input( $this->get_class_id().'_feed_url', '', 60, $this->T_('Feed URL'), $this->T_('Enter the URL of the XML feed you want to import') );

to

$Form->text_input( $this->get_class_id().'_feed_url', '', 60, $this->T_('Feed URL'), $this->T_('Enter the URL of the XML feed you want to import'), array('maxlength'=>255) );

60 Jul 24, 2009 13:31

sam2kb wrote:

XML Feed import works very good right now.
I'm going to finish the b2evo to b2evo import/export feature and text file import.

thanks again for this great work. Could you please let me know where to download v0.3 ?

and also if upcoming updates are scheduled ?

thanks,

Matt

61 Jul 24, 2009 16:13

Hi mattoo,

v0.2 is the latest stable version for now.

I'm working on Feed Importer 1.0 Pro (paid version), it will include all "blue" features from the first post.

62 Jul 25, 2009 12:13

ok thanks for this prompt reply !

I'd be very interrested in this "full" version, do you have a schedule release date ?

thanks !

63 Jul 25, 2009 17:08

It's already done, I just need to finish docs, and registration functions. I'll try to finish by 07/31.

I'll make a post in this thread once the plugin is available.

64 Jul 25, 2009 17:17

okay great, thank you and ... awaiting for news ^^

65 Jul 26, 2009 00:42

I have the importer working...but some of the functionality that you're discussing here as in the older version doesn't seem to exist in the version I downloaded. I can only specify a feed...and topic... The import works but in some cases I get about a gadzillion posts (which I don't want or need) and no ability to have them go to draft status (which I will need to make minor formatting issues.)

So is there a later version than the one I have that ya'll are working on?

66 Jul 26, 2009 07:01

All features you've listed are included in PRO version which should be available by the end of the month.

The latest released version is 0.2, it won't be updated or extended with new features.

67 Jul 26, 2009 08:23

I'll be waiting for the release. THANKS!

69 Jul 30, 2009 07:52

This plugin uses SimplePie to parse XML feeds

70 Jul 30, 2009 16:20

sweet!

then i can check that off my to-learn list.

feature request: automatically delete posts (and database entries) after some interval of time.

71 Jul 30, 2009 16:23

feature request: automatically delete posts (and database entries) after some interval of time.

8| why do you need this?

73 Jul 30, 2009 17:12

sam2kb wrote:

8| why do you need this?

i'm experimenting with fast (and large scale) feeding, and I only want the data to stick around temporarily.

is this possible?

74 Jul 31, 2009 04:08

Try AM RSS Reader plugin, it displays feeds in your blog not saving them as posts

75 Sep 01, 2009 03:26

whats the status on this plugin? Is it for sale yet?

77 Sep 02, 2009 17:23

The status is still "almost done" ;)

79 Sep 18, 2009 13:02

does it check regularly for new posts ?

80 Sep 18, 2009 17:09

Yeah, with scheduled b2evo task.

81 Sep 18, 2009 21:09

cool.. gotta get it asap :D

83 Sep 21, 2009 18:23

(why has the follow up for this forum topic ended up in my spam folder ?:))
Ok I need this.
Is suppose this is the ideal way to make 1 blog from 5 b2evo installs ?

84 Sep 21, 2009 19:17

Topanga wrote:

Is suppose this is the ideal way to make 1 blog from 5 b2evo installs ?

Easily :)

85 Oct 17, 2009 06:14

Cool. Will use this for the "Planet" blog I'm planning. ^_^

86 Oct 31, 2009 01:09

i bought a multi domain license, how do I redeem the goods? :D

87 Oct 31, 2009 01:10

Thanks you.
I'll send the plugin on your email shortly.

88 Nov 07, 2009 01:10

Invaluable plugin. Lottsa potential.

Speedy customer service, too. Thanks!

89 Feb 26, 2010 01:20

Are there any free plug in's that will do this?? My wordpress blog has this built in and I can find free mods to do this for all my other script, phpbb,vbulletin etc..

No offense but the blog script is free and now I have to pay $40 for a plug in?

I am new to this particular script and I was strongly considering using these for 3 different blogs I own but I am having second thoughts now if this is any indication.

I do appreciate the hard work that goes into writing these scripts but I just cannot understand getting the main blog script fee and but having to pay for a simple plug in..

If anyone knows any free script I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks,

webdevoman

90 Feb 26, 2010 01:51

Have you ever heard about paid Wordpress plugins and themes?

No offense but the blog script is free and now I have to pay $40 for a plug in?

You're not forced to buy anything.

91 Mar 04, 2010 22:29

Will this export to txt file? It looks like all it does is export to .b2e?

93 Mar 05, 2010 00:28

OK I bought it now how do I get it?

94 Mar 05, 2010 08:36

onmillertime wrote:

OK I bought it now how do I get it?

Thank you for ordering the plugin.

Please check the email linked to your PayPal account.

95 Mar 05, 2010 16:56

I got it and was able to export - but there are no categories? Is there anyway to change the parameters so I can pull categories as well? Is there no way to work with the data before the export so I can pull what I want?

96 Mar 05, 2010 18:42

The plugin doesn't export category information on purpose. It's done this way so you can later import the posts into any category or blog.

I'm going to add category and blog structure export/import feature in next releases.

97 Mar 05, 2010 21:18

This makes it worthless for me - I have over 5000 posts to export. There is no way I can go through and manually add categories to them. That should have been disclosed before.

98 Mar 05, 2010 21:22

What exactly are you trying to do?
Do you want to export all posts and categories and import them in another b2evolution install?
Or do you want to export posts from selected categories?

99 Mar 05, 2010 21:34

Honestly I am trying to get all of my posts, categories, comments, etc out of B2E. I need it all. I purchased yours because it seems to be the only thing available (that works) to get it all but it doesn't.

100 Mar 05, 2010 22:02

How do you want to format the exported information? It's not a problem to export categories and blogs to CSV or XML file, but I doubt you can use is later.

All information is stored in the database. You can dump the database.

102 Jan 19, 2011 01:53

No, it's not possible to import several feeds at once. I'll add this option in todo list.

As a workaround you can combine several feeds with a third party service like [url=http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/]Yahoo pipes[/url], and use that feed in the importer.

103 May 08, 2011 02:22

It looks very useful, but the cost of a plugin is quite high, sorry

104 Oct 24, 2011 02:39

I offer you 10 dollars. This is what I have for now.

105 Oct 24, 2011 02:44

It's not a flea market :)
You can use a free version of this plugin for basic things.

Form is loading...