{
	return;
}

if( $current_User->ID < 2 )
{
	return;
}

2 Mar 18, 2009 00:50

Fixed in CVS. Users can disable the admin toolbar in profiles.

p.s. the backoffice toolbar is always displayed.

3 Mar 18, 2009 01:08

Too bad. Getting rid of it entirely on the public side is a much better idea. Now I'll have back office stuff that has no meaning.

4 Mar 18, 2009 01:15

EdB wrote:

Too bad. Getting rid of it entirely on the public side is a much better idea. Now I'll have back office stuff that has no meaning.

What do you mean? The backoffice toolbar is always on and users can only hide the one in the frontend. It made for those users who don't have perms to post and thus don't need the toolbar in skin.

5 Mar 18, 2009 01:42

The toolbar provides users (even those who cannot post) with an easy way to log out, to edit their profile and to compare times to the current time. Most important of all: it reminds them that they are logged in and should log out before leaving a public/shared computer.

I don't think it's a good thing to let users disable it. Once they do, they'll never find how to reenable it.

6 Mar 18, 2009 02:23

fplanque wrote:

The toolbar provides users (even those who cannot post) with an easy way to log out, to edit their profile and to compare times to the current time. Most important of all: it reminds them that they are logged in and should log out before leaving a public/shared computer.

I don't think it's a good thing to let users disable it. Once they do, they'll never find how to reenable it.

You are right, but sometimes this toolbar is too annoying, especially when you use flash header in skin (the dropdown menu is always behind the flash).
Anyway, feel free to undo the changes. You're the boss ;)

7 Mar 18, 2009 16:59

Actually if you modify the skin to put in a Flash header, you can also modify it to either:
- fix the position on the Flash header
or
- kill the toolbar in the skin

But there is no reason to put the burden on the user to fix a broken skin by disabling the toolbar in his settings.

Form is loading...