Recent Topics

1 Mar 19, 2009 15:54    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I am looking to have around 100 blogs

1.domain.com
2.domain.com
3.domain.com

like this............. and say I get 5000 users..........

can this be handles by b2evo?

any suggestions plz....................

Thx and Regards

Saurabh jain

3 Mar 20, 2009 03:14

I mean there are 5000 bloggers................ instead of simple users

How much server load can be?................??

can it be handled by shared hosting?

Suggest plz....

Secondly If we start from bloggers , can we move to b2evolution later.......

I am looking for best options with minimum investments for long term solutions

4 Mar 20, 2009 03:56

Generally speaking, the less ¥åßßå says the more he/she/it means. Given that you got a one word answer that would, to me, say a heck of a lot. I'm kinda different. I tend to go for really long answers to even the simplest question...

So yeah when you said 5000 users we here figured you meant 5000 people registered with your installation. I mean, what other kind of users might there be in the world? Obviously not visitors as that number hovers around 7 billion at this particular moment in world history eh? So yeah it can handle it. Can YOU? Loading your users tab might take a while with 5000 line items to display is what I mean ... and all the other stuff that goes with having 5000 users looking to you for anything and everything.

I'm not sure what "start from bloggers" means but if you mean "can we import existing content from that disgusting piece of crap known as blogspot" then yeah sure why not? If you want all their existing posts brought in with them then that will be a bit tricky. Fortunately there is a plugin that reads feeds and makes posts, so that would probably be tweakable to your situation ... not that I know what your situation is of course. I somehow feel you want to use b2evolution as if it was another "blogspot", which is possible but probably not the best idea ever.

Anyway the amount of server load depends on a heck of a lot of stuff. Like, how many plugins are you going to use AND how many visitors will your 5000 bloggers experience? Obviously if you get no visitors then a paper towel could be your server ;) So that's a throw-away question. Get the biggest server ever made, and make sure it has chips in it from the chip making factory I work in ... then replace all the chips.

Shared hosting? Holy crap you gotta be kidding me! You want free software that can handle 5000 registered users and associated traffic AND you want it to live on a shared hosting account? Oh well. Technically speaking the answer to this depends on the shared hosting account you buy. You're going to actually pay for hosting right? I mean, if you're thinking of a free hosting account for your 5000 bloggers you ought to go back to sleep and finish this wonderful dream... Obviously a shared hosting account has limits on storage space and bandwidth. I've no doubt they also have limits on MySQL table size though honestly I've never seen them talk about this. They talk about NUMBER of tables - not size of. Anyway an entry level shared account will probably get overwhelmed after your first 100 or so users. So you upgrade until you fill up that account. And so on until you are a dominant player on a server ... or maybe decide a dedicated box is more appropriate for your mission.

Which basically get's back to ¥åßßå's rather elegant answer: Yes.

I am looking for best options with minimum investments for long term solutions

Yeah so is everyone. Look if it is not worth investing in the it is not worth doing. If you want a long term solution then you better plan on investing up front. Pick an awesome host and pay what they want for a dedicated server. Then start working on making this application be more what you want than what it is (though it starts very close), then wait for the long term to see if your idea was worth it or not.

5 Mar 20, 2009 15:25

Thx u very much sir Edb

I have a paid shared hosting , though it says of unlimited bandwidth

I am paying 8$ per month.....

To start with I am starting with 10 blogs where all users can post.... an entry and that series will go long in future...............
and the no of blogs list will be very long in time to come............

If it can get success, I will also contribute for b2evolution promotion...

I have a idea ...............that can gooo very long..............

and hence I am looking...........

I will be coming again and again for more help too.................

thanks for the time being...

Ill let u know very soon what I am looking for....

Thx
Saurabh jain

6 Mar 20, 2009 18:40

I've been insulted in many ways, but that's the first time I've been called elegant!

¥

Form is loading...