Recent Topics

1 Mar 21, 2009 12:14    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi,
I plan to use B2evolution as a complete web-site for a local business club.

What I want to do is to develop a multiblog site where the skin (3 column) would have to support posts in the 2 leftmost columns.

To get it to work the way I want I would need to pin the sticky posts to the leftmost column and use the center column for normal posts. The rightmost column would be as "normal" with categories, searches etc...

I think the trick here would be to be able to force sticky posts, which I would use for "normal web site content" and then I could flash news etc to the center column.

Do you get what I mean? :roll:

Is it anyone who has done this before that could point me in the right direction. I don't particulary fancy any specific skin - will have to modify that anyhow...

Any helpwould be greatly appreciated. :D
/Lars

2 Mar 21, 2009 14:50

Hi Lars,

Basically you want a double main loop for the posts where you add the posts to one loop or the other based on some criteria.
That could be a sticky. But not confined to that, it could be a category as well.

However the standard way of doing this is in the Multiblog idea. Look for a file with that name in the root. You can have the posts from blog1 and the posts from blog2 displayed on one page.

I'll leave it to this. If you have subsequent questions implementing one of these ideas please report back to this topic.

Good luck

3 Mar 21, 2009 15:18

my suggestion as i can, there will be 2 post loops as Afwas said.. so the leftest column should show only sticky and not the regular posts... and the center should display regular and not the stickies afai get..

under leftest post loop add sth like if { postypeid > 5001 -that was for stickes i believe} else dont show the posts.. do same for the center..

another way is, via css, assign classes to sticky-regular posts.. and disable display of regulars in left, stickes in center through css with a display: none etc..-this is not the best way to do it, as the content would be loaded, only would not be displayed.. dirty trick..-

and a 3rd option to work around it, create new blog called : "stickies"... you wont be writing your stickes in your "main" blog... just write the sticky posts in "stickies" blog, and simply insert new container in the leftest column and insert a post list widget from the stickies blog.. that would be the easiest for me if i had to do such a thing..

4 Mar 22, 2009 19:50

Hi - thanks for your advice, I will start trying it out tomorrow.

In fact I think the multiblog variant with "sticky" posts in one "side blog" looks like it would be perfectfor my use.

Thanks a lot
/Lars

Form is loading...