Recent Topics

1 Mar 21, 2009 19:06    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello there,

I'm trying to integrate plogger with my b2evolution install.
I couldnt find any specific documentation (or posts) for the integregation with b2evo, the only post on their forum about b2evo is http://www.plogger.org/forum/discussion/2460/using-with-b2evolution/#Item_0

So i'm trying to do this by myself.
Reading their generic integration documment at http://www.plogger.org/docs/config/#integration it looks pretty simple to call the gallery from another website (b2evo in case)

include gallery.php on your index.php
<?php include("gallery.php"); ?>
(i'm not sure of where to exactly to include this, on the main index.php? or in skins/evopress/index.main.php or should i include in other file?)

Then i need to insert <?php the_gallery_head(); ?> between the opening and closing HEAD tags (also couldnt find the correct place for this)

And the last step, i will create a static page with a call for the gallery in php using: <?php the_gallery(); ?> (i think that i can handle with this, unless b2evo forbide me to use php on posts.)

Thanks!

2 Mar 21, 2009 21:41

I know nothing of plogger but a few general points.

You can't use PHP in posts in any direct way. You can however edit your skin files and some other files to include PHP statements into them. This can mean includes or any other bit of PHP.

So you can call an external include to B2evo by putting that include somewhere in the skin of your blog, usually in index.main.php. But you can't do that on a post-by-post basis and you definitely can't include active PHP code in a post as far as I know.

If you make a completely static page then of course you can put what you like in that.

3 Mar 27, 2009 11:41

Any simpler way of achieve this? Like for example make an static post, that calls the gallery as a frame??
I know this is cheating and probably dirt, but i would like to have some image galleries on my blog. Also there is no need to be plogger, any other system would be nice.... but i thought that this one would be "easy"..

Any suggestions?

4 Mar 27, 2009 15:11

Yes. Actually it is pretty easy, so long as you are willing to give up some of the dynamic features of a blog system.

If you make a static page you can put any html or php you like in the body. Perhaps the easiest way is to make a truly static page that just looks like it is part of your blog/website but is actually normal HTML and not generated at all.

Form is loading...