Recent Topics

1 Mar 21, 2009 19:16    

They seem to latch on to a specific post and spam it to death. Dunno why, but I've now got a second post that is *the* key identifier in who is a spammer. And guess what? One day the scourge will end then a bit of time will pass then they'll hit it like there's no tomorrow. I'm thinking that means the spamming software they're using went on sale so all the cheap spammers cause the second wave.

They're so dumb :lol:

4 Apr 22, 2009 13:27

woodworm wrote:

Your right dude!

Except in forums. In forums they randomly pick posts and spew out a few words that add nothing to a conversation. Just sayin' ya know? Personally I think if I was a spammer I'd be very afraid to spam this forum because I'd look around and see tons of dead spammers and figure out my odds ya know? Then again I'd probably be too stupid to look around. I'd probably think I was the first one ever to come up with such an ingenious plan and how clever I was. Then I'd post my crap and laugh - haha! - at my brilliant plan.

Just sayin' ya know?

5 Apr 22, 2009 19:40

woodworm wrote:

Your right dude!

I have to say, you just gave me a giggle by spamming this post :D

It's about the only reason why you're not in the muppet group ... yet :D

¥

6 Apr 22, 2009 22:05

yeah, they are stupid, but maybe not so stupid as I thought. They have started to visit blogs manually (they are humans, no bots!), they answer the antispam-questions and try to write something related to the post

7 Apr 23, 2009 02:49

nomad wrote:

yeah, they are stupid, but maybe not so stupid as I thought. They have started to visit blogs manually (they are humans, no bots!), they answer the antispam-questions and try to write something related to the post

contexual spammin' eh , cool B)

8 Apr 23, 2009 02:57

nomad wrote:

... they answer the antispam-questions ...

This actually worries me. Like, once you have a human-spammer latch on to you then TuringTest (if you use it) is of no value. I vaguely considered trying to figure out a way to make it say "you get credit IF your cookie was from after this date/time" so that you as admin could update the 'approval moment', but you're still stuck with someone who will take the time to satisfy the antispam test. And all your regular commenters would have to pass the test again.

After a bit of tinkering and some more wondering, I decided large caliber hand guns are the answer to human spammers. Works for me :D

9 Apr 29, 2009 14:17

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about but, I know that Comment Kahuna and similar programs are what many 'humans' are using to spam. (Not all people that use this program are spammers, some just use it to search).

It is a desktop application. You load your Name, Link, email & even your generic message.
You then place a keyword in the search, pick dofollow, wordpress, or by page rank. The program then pulls up blogs that fit that category. All the spammer needs to do is hit 1 button and all the info is loaded into the comment area of the blog.

Yes, they do have to click through all the blogs that they want to post comments to 1 by 1. This does slow them down a little but, it is likely that they never read a post or change their generic message. Since they are seeing the targeted blog post in the window they can fill out any capatcha.

I have noticed that it is Blogspot URL's that have slammed me lately. I have now placed the domain on the spam list. I was tired of checking links and having body parts flashed in my face.

Sheryl

Form is loading...