Recent Topics

1 Mar 24, 2009 08:14    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi guys,

I just installed b2 on my website (clean install no upgrade) and created a custom skin for it.

I posted my first blog and went to test leaving a comment. Whenever I click the "Leave a comment" I get this error:

"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers."

I also get this same error when I try to save my blog in the back room. It still saves it but this error pops up and I usually have to log back in to continue editing.

One other issue I noticed which may be related. When I enter my username and password and click login. B2 says I'm already logged in a asks if I want to continue.

Any ideas whats wrong?

2 Mar 24, 2009 15:50

No idea. Just a question: Why you run it as cgi? Maybe you should upgrade, at least, to fastcgi.

3 Mar 24, 2009 16:41

Got a link to this? I'm confused by the CGI bit as well, but I'm also thinking this sounds like the "server can't make pretty URLs" problem. So maybe go to your "Blog settings -> pick a blog -> URLs" subtab and select all the options that use params instead of any option that fakes up 'pretty' folder-like URLs?

Except for the login issue. That sounds cookieish for some reason. So yeah a link would be groovy.

4 Mar 24, 2009 19:45

or another usual suspect is the dastardly // otherwise known as .... urm, summat witty that integrates double and slash ... in your $baseurl ( in /conf/_basic_config.php )

¥

5 Mar 27, 2009 05:15

EdB wrote:

Got a link to this? I'm confused by the CGI bit as well, but I'm also thinking this sounds like the "server can't make pretty URLs" problem. So maybe go to your "Blog settings -> pick a blog -> URLs" subtab and select all the options that use params instead of any option that fakes up 'pretty' folder-like URLs?

Except for the login issue. That sounds cookieish for some reason. So yeah a link would be groovy.

Thanks Ed. That helped the "Leave a comment" issue. However I still have the login and save blog issue.

I don't want to post the link just yet. I'm still setting up the rest of the website.

6 Mar 27, 2009 05:17

¥åßßå wrote:

or another usual suspect is the dastardly // otherwise known as .... urm, summat witty that integrates double and slash ... in your $baseurl ( in /conf/_basic_config.php )

¥

Nope my base URL looks fine. Ed hit the nail pretty good. Unfortunately, I have more than 1 nail it seems.

7 Mar 27, 2009 06:37

kfpopeye wrote:

... I just installed b2 on my website (clean install no upgrade) and created a custom skin for it ...

Again I'll ask for a link, and this time also ask that you switch skins to either evopress or custom. Ruling out the custom skin is the thing, though honestly it doesn't sound like a skin problem.

Form is loading...