Recent Topics

1 Mar 26, 2009 23:38    

b2evo: 2.4.5
TinyMCE: 0.6

Hello,

When I add a new user the TinyMCE edit bar is displayed without problems. Then, the new user goes to the 'My Profile' tab and just select the 'Save!' button. The new user then selects the 'Write' tab and the TinyMCE edit bar is now missing.

I'm getting the following error in the apache error log:
[Thu Mar 26 14:18:48 2009] [error] [client x.x.x.x] File does not exist: /opt/weblog/plugins/tinymce_plugin/tiny_mce/themes/0, referer: https://.../weblog/admin.php?ctrl=items&action=new&blog=1

I also looked at the tables in the b2evolution db and found the following:
In the table evo_pluginusersettings where puset_name = 'tmce_theme' the 'puset_value' value is initialized to 'advanced' for a new user. Once the Save button is selected in the My Profile the 'puset_value' value is changed to '0'. This is what causes the TinyMCE edit bar to not be displayed. When I edit the b2evolution db and set the users 'puset_value' value back to 'advanced' the TinyMCE edit bar is displayed.

Thanks,
Brian Lemke

2 Mar 27, 2009 06:23

Thanks for the work-around solution!

I had the same problem on an installation I upgraded to 246 for someone who wanted a wizzywig editor. I installed TinyMCE but really have no tolerance for those things so turned it off in my profile. I then tried to turn it back on to try to explain something (that I obviously know nothing about but hey what can you do?) only to be unable to get 'er going again. Now I know by accessing the database directly I can set 'puset_value' to 'advanced' and it'll let me play again.

Sorry, but I have no actual corrective solution for you :(

3 Mar 29, 2009 20:26

I believe this is fixed in b2evo 3.x.

Also in SVN for the plugin, which does not use "tmce_theme" as a setting anymore, but "tmce_use_advanced".

I recommend using the plugin from SVN or upgrading to b2evo 3.1, which includes this plugin already/now.

Form is loading...