Recent Topics

1 Mar 29, 2009 05:37    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

A few days ago I redirected my RSS and Atom feeds to Feedburner by pasting the Feedburner url into the external feeds section of in the Blog Settings – Advanced tab.

It seems to be working fine for the post feeds, but the comment feeds still come from the blog itself and are not directed to feedburner. Is there a way to redirect those s well?

Also, the XML hits on the stats page dropped by about 90% once I made the change to Feedburner. I’m guessing that is normal because the traffic is being re-routed, and therefore not counted in the stats. Is that right> Feedburner reports the number of subscribers and views, not the number of hits, and I can’t square the stats from Feedburner with the historic hit level reported by the internal stats.

Thanks in advance.

- MCC

2 Mar 29, 2009 11:58

Assuming you're talking about http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/

I think you'd need to set up a separate feedburner feed for the comments if you want them as rss. Feedburner also can automatically feed the right type of feed so you don't need to show rss2.0 and Atom separately -a single link will do it.

I must admit I never enable rss for comments as I'd never use it, so I've never tried this. But feedburner is my service of choice for normal rss. As far as stats are concerned your interpretation sounds correct to me. I don't think there's any way to make any direct comparison.

3 Mar 29, 2009 21:44

Many thanks. I’m not sure why I thought I needed a separate Feedburner feed for Atom and RSS, but that’s the way my mind went at the time. Got them both pointing to one feed now.

There seems to be a little traffic on the Comments RSS feed, so I’ll just let them be.

Thanks again!

MCC

4 Apr 09, 2009 19:45

Am I blind? I don't see an external feeds section under Blog Settings - Advanced.

5 Apr 09, 2009 19:51

tivogirl wrote:

Am I blind? I don't see an external feeds section under Blog Settings - Advanced.

that is for 3.x.. i assume you have an 2.x installation

6 Apr 09, 2009 19:57

Ahhh, yes I do. I was confused because the topic and first post say the original poster's version is 2.x

7 Apr 09, 2009 20:02

yep, it's because 3.x havent been added yet to that dropdown menu since a stable release is not available.. it 'd be added once a stable release arrives

8 Apr 10, 2009 02:10

I've never tried using this feature before, but when I tried to plug in my Feedburner RSS url, this is what I got:

Supplied URL is invalid. (URL must be absolute.)

9 Apr 10, 2009 13:14

What URL exactly were you entering?

10 Apr 10, 2009 14:09

http//feedproxy.google.com/comiclistcomplete

11 Apr 10, 2009 14:53

Well that feed doesn't work. Try it with one you know is valid.

12 Apr 10, 2009 15:05

Oof, the colons were missing on my list of feed URLs. Thanks for catching that!

Form is loading...